cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History cannot be entered in book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am getting following error while running a process chain.

History cannot be entered in book, you cannot save data

Message no. /SAPAPO/SDP129

Diagnosis

The history horizon of your planning book is not ready for input (you cannot make entries here).

System Response

Data that was calculated in this horizon cannot be saved.

Procedure

Change the history horizon so that it is ready for input. Make sure you always use different planning books for background and interactive planning.

i am not able to understand the message.

please help me what is to be done when i get this message. ( with T-codes if possible)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chinmay Kulkarni,

You get this message due to note 531274. It is an info-message stating that you can not save data in the past, because the past in the planning book is not ready for input. If you do not intend to change data in the past, then everything is okay.

You can avoid the message if you simply define your dataviews in a way that only horizons which are really updated are used. SAP always recommend to created separate planning books / data views for batch processing. If you need the historical horizon in order to read data for the macro execution you are able to define the historical horizon as ready for input. In this case the message will not occur. Certainly the behaviour you are observing does not represent an error. The message is just informational und is raised correctly.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tibor

Answers (0)