cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception while calling a BDC from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting an exception 'Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised' while calling a BDC from the WD application, though i am calling the transaction in background mode. The statment which was throwing the exception was a create object statement in the function module DOC_DISPLAY_INITIALIZE. Can u please tell me, what is the reason for this?

Thanks in Advance,

Laxmikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

The message "CNTL_ERROR" appear when you are using some of the SAP enjoy transaction code like ME21N / ME22N / ME23N.

This are bugs cause by the earlier version of the SAPGUI. It usually occurs when you are running a BDC session

for a transaction that has 'fancy' screen elements like table controls ortabstrips. These work fine in the foreground, but not so well in the background.

To solve it, goto OSS and apply the SAPGUI's latest front end patch to your PC.

rgds,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have patch 12 installed in my system. I am really not sure about OSS.

Can u please tell me whether this is the latest patch level or is there any other latest one.

Can u please also tell me how to check that?

Regards,

Laxmikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

to View the GUI Version Information from SAPLogon Pad, click the upper left corner, and select About SAPGUI

menu. The SAP Version Information dialog box shows up. From there you can read the a set of numerical numbers after File Version.

OSS is SAP's Online Service Sytem , to apply the patch whichever u require u wud be prompt for OSS username and password

to apply patch to the existing UI :

1 Open IE browser

2 Go to http://service.sap.com\patches

3. Select OK at the prompt

4. Enter OSS username and password

5. Select SAP GUI for Windows

6. Select SAP GUI for Windows 6.20

7. Select Win32

8. Main view screen will list Patch downloads along with patch level

9. Select the preferred patch by clicking on the patch "File Name"

10. Save Download

11. Go to Start, Run and enter cmd

12. Type "change user /install"

13. Run the executable "GUI620.exe"

14. Click Next on Patch Wizard Screen

15. The previous SAP version will automatically be removed, after which the 6.20 version

will be installed.

16. Select finish once the install has completed.

I hope this info can help u

regards,

amit

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> hi ,

> The message "CNTL_ERROR" appear when you are using some of the SAP enjoy transaction code like ME21N / ME22N / ME23N.

>

> This are bugs cause by the earlier version of the SAPGUI. It usually occurs when you are running a BDC session

> for a transaction that has 'fancy' screen elements like table controls ortabstrips. These work fine in the foreground, but not so well in the background.

>

>

> To solve it, goto OSS and apply the SAPGUI's latest front end patch to your PC.

>

> rgds,

> amit

There is a mixture of accurate information here.

This is NOT a SAPGUI problem. It can not be fixed with a newer version fo the SAPGUI. It is caused by transactions that were created with Enjoy Controls. Enjoy controls are not the table control or the tabstrip. They are controls that used ActiveX components on the desktop as part of the SAPGUI - like the ALV Grid, the Tree, the ABAP Editor, etc.

You can not use call transaction/BDC against such transactions in the background or in WDA because there is no connection to the frontend to create instances of these controls. These transactions with the enjoy controls should have appropriate BAPIs or Enterprise Services that you should call instead in order to make data updates or creations.

For instance see SAP Note 304122 that discusses this issue for transaction MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this thread : .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh,

I have wrapped the BDC in a function module and i am calling that function module in the webdynpro application.

The function module is working fine when i am executing it directly but when i am calling that FM through webdynpro it is giving me that exception.

Regards,

Laxmikanth.