Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching score for new records added to existing workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

My doubt is:

I have a 2 Workflows which are already in process. The triggering event for them is Manual, Record Import.

Now I manually assigned 20 records to "Workflow A" based on Condition 1

Also, I manually assigned 20 records to "Workflow B" based on Condition 2

I am importing 30 new records. Based on the condition, I want to assign these records to the existing Workflow A / Workflow B.

Note: There is a Match stencil, so the newly created records have to be matched against the existing records in the present Workflow itself.

Is it possible to add new records o existing workflow manually?

Also, what about the Matching score? will the records be matched?

Thanks & Regards,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Everytime you try add records in existing workflow it will create the new instance of the same workflow. Just imagine the situation, if you have 10 steps in your workflow and currently step 6 is active, now if you add records in the same workflow then newly added records will start from Step 1. This doesn't make sense that few records are at step 6 and few are at 1.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

You are absolutely right.

But, the problem is I have in Workflow A -> 50 records. These records are in Match step(record vs record).. with scores against them.

Say, I am importing 20 new records. If a new workflow instance is getting created.. it means these 20 new records will not be matched against the previous 50 records.. this would mean if there is duplicacy between these 2 data loads.. the system will not recognise them so.

Please suggest how to handle it.

Thanks & Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

There are 2 alternate solutions:

1) Run matching step with "vs. All" option. At that case the records in the WF job will be matched against all records in the repository, including the prior load. Please be aware that matching records "vs. All" is a very intensive operation that might consume high system resources, and locking time. If the matching strategy is light enough, than this alternative is feasible.

2) Replace the matching step with a "Process" step, and let the assigned user run the matching strategy manually from DM matching view. It will enable him to select the source and target records for the strategy using DM search functions, therefore, new loaded records can be selected as well.

Regards

Orit

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orit,

Thank you for the suggestion.

1. Not feasible, as the Repository has millions of records. Also the matching strategy is complex.

2. Its not possible to give these rights to the End Users. Also, the records of the first load are still in Workflow A, so, it is not posiible to assign them in another workflow either.

The problem still is.. what about the new records.. how will the duplicate records betwwen the 2 laods be found out if theygo to different workflows. This problem remains for every new load then?

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

I have tried this scenario

Say you have 20 records in the workflow, now when you import another 10 records they take part in matching if and only if for Match step you have selected Records Vs All. Since only the records present in the repository can be added in workflow, record import will first import the records and then launch the workflow hence with Records Vs All, matching will be perfomed on all the records irrespective of whether the records present in the workflow or not.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Right again.

But , its not possible to do Records vs All. Instead of comparing only with Records in Workflow A, it will compare with All the records in the repository.

The repository has millions of records, so, it will result on huge load and will consume time.

Any other work around is wel come.

Thanks & Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

When you work with the matching mode, you can match any record, not only the records which are assigned you in a WF job.

You can mark each record in workflow A using assignment step.

The user which should compare the records from WF B with the records from WF A will go to matching mode and select all the records which are currently at workflow A. He can select them using a search criteria based on the assignment in WF A.

Regards

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

I tried restricting records using Named Searhes and Masks but it includes all the records with Match step property Records Vs All. You have to perform some maunal step either by selecting records using some search criteria or you can use Named Searches i.e.

1. Create one field say New of type boolean and by default set it to NO.

2. Create one named search for this field value to YES.

3. Create one assignment which sets the value for this field to YES and add this assignment in the workflow as the first step.

4. When ever you import records, assignment will set New=YES for all the records imported. Now, when you add more records, search the previous records using Restore Named Search function which will give the list of records imported now. You can perform Matching and Merging operation.

5. Add one more assignment to the workflow as the last step which should set New=NO so that records should not appear next time for Matching

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja