Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization for FI period Opening without opening client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Our client settings are set to non modifiable and our consultants wants to change FI period since the client is non modifiable, evey time we are opening the client for Fi period opening.

Please suggest us is there any other way for FI opening period without opening the client.

Thanks in advance

VJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIjay,

I dont know what is the issue at your end. But i can tell you that I work on ECC6.0 and when i have the client closed in test and production environments, we can still maintain V_T001B.

As i understand, there are tables in FI that can be mainained via SM30 without opening the client and i suppose V_T001B is one such table.

Just for information:

Irrespective of me being able to maintain the table vai SM30, You could have a Z-Transaction ZSM31 created for end-users. Have V_T001B as a maintainable table via ZSM3. This is particularly useful for a transaction like OB52 (V_T001B) because, if a user in Spain is in SM30 on the table, he would be able to change table data for all other countries. so what you could do is to give access on ZSM31 for the table with a restriction on the posting period variant for which the user can maintain data (F_BKPF_BUP) - The table is secured by this

Did i sound confusing????

14 REPLIES 14

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Google for SAP "delivery class" and you'll probabely find usable suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you search service.sap.com/notes to the name of the view, you will very easily find the explanation.

Possibly your SCC4 client role is not set correctly as well.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

My client settings are correct only.

My query is without opening the client, how to do FI period opening.

If we change client setiings then it will allow us to change !!

Thanks

vijay

0 Kudos

What transaction are you using?

If it is OB52 then your system settings are wrong as this does not require system to be unlocked.

0 Kudos

hello

Yes we are using OB52..

Please let me know what are the system settings that have to check.

Thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

If your system is set to "Production" then OB52 should be OK. What version of SAP are you on? If it is <=4.5 then it may be that there are problems with the delivery class as has been mentioned before.

0 Kudos

Vijay,

OB52 maintains the underlying view table V_T001B. As Alex and Julius suggest:

1 Check to make sure that the client role is set to Production in the productive client in SCC4 (which already must be the case as otherwise a majority of the business transactions will have issues).

2. V_T001B belongs to the delivery class CUST. For these objects to be maintained in Production a aspect called current settings comes into the picture. Go to transaction SOBJ-->Display. In the next screen click on position and input the object V_T001B.

Click the details button. Here you should see the current settings option checked. If it is not checked, thats the reason why the table is not maintainable. I see in ECC 6.0 that the current settings option is checked by default for V_T001B (transaction OB52).

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding some point,

Please check note 356483, It may help you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot to all for your quick response.

As Alex said i have changed my client settings from "Test" to "production". Its working fine.But my client is not a production client its a Test client. So to some extent my problem was resolved but not completely..

Prasant as we are using ECC5.0 that the current settings option is checked by default for V_T001B (transaction OB52).

So is there any other way that we can open period without changing client settings from "Test" to "production".

Thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

Vijay,

I am afraid that was the only option. But i see that your target client is a test client. I dont see why you cant get the client settings changed to allow a change for the period that you want to use it. (I guess you have your reaons though).

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIjay,

I dont know what is the issue at your end. But i can tell you that I work on ECC6.0 and when i have the client closed in test and production environments, we can still maintain V_T001B.

As i understand, there are tables in FI that can be mainained via SM30 without opening the client and i suppose V_T001B is one such table.

Just for information:

Irrespective of me being able to maintain the table vai SM30, You could have a Z-Transaction ZSM31 created for end-users. Have V_T001B as a maintainable table via ZSM3. This is particularly useful for a transaction like OB52 (V_T001B) because, if a user in Spain is in SM30 on the table, he would be able to change table data for all other countries. so what you could do is to give access on ZSM31 for the table with a restriction on the posting period variant for which the user can maintain data (F_BKPF_BUP) - The table is secured by this

Did i sound confusing????

0 Kudos

Shekar,

Table V_T001B cannot be maintained even through SM30 in a test system. But what matters is the client role of the system. The client role of a test sytem shoul ideally be set to "Test".

OB52 as defined by SAP is maintainable in the Production system as the client role for a production system is set to "Production".

If you check OB52 in debug mode you'll notice that two checks happen:

1. whether the current settings option is checked

2. Whether the client role is "P" (production).

If both these conditions are satisfied, the table maintenance is allowed.

In fact i have recently enable table maintenance for transaction OB58 in Production (Table V_T011) by enabling current settings.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Prashanth,

i get what you are saying. But the fact i wanted to convey was, i have a production client (001) and the client role is TEST

and I have the radio button ' No Changes Allowed'' Cross Client object status is "3 NO Changes to repository anc cross cleint customizing objects" - All these are on the test system - But, I CAN maintain V_T001B using SM30

0 Kudos

sorry, forgot to mention that in SE11, for V_T001B i have the maintenance status as Display/Maintenance allowed