cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritization during Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have Forecast of 2 Categories FA and FB at DC for same product. (Forecast belongs to 2 different channels.)

During deployment, I would like to Prioritize FA category forecast in case of shortage.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Vipul Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VIpul

Can you elaborate a little more

you have a plant P and a DC D. In DC you have both FA and FB type of forecast for a product X. When you run a heuristics or an optimizer it creates pr on Plant P. Now you want the STR on Plant P which is linked to forecast category FA of the DC to be deployed first and then for FB if stocks remain at plant P.

Is that the Requirement ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

You are right...this what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

You should be able to do something like that with the deployment optimiser, although it will require some knowledge and time!

With the optimiser you can define different cost for "demand forecast" and for "corrected demand forecast".

I personnally never work with corrected demand forecast in SNP, but I think your solution is there!

Good luck

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

By using corrected forecast and forecast penalty with Deployment optimizer, my problem is solved.

Thanks,

Vipul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vipul

This is definitely not possible through standard Deployment heuristic,

You can see the BADI /SAPAPO/FS_USER for A customer configured Fare share rule.

Or else

Create a Z program which is a copy of standard in which You can put a filter to take the PR which is pegged to FA category in one variant and FB in the second deployment variant.

With the same product location and destination location combination you can make two variants.

The first one can have a filter of PR which is lined to FA and the second one with a filter for PR linked to FB.

The only precaution that has to be taken is the stock already deployed to one demand should not again get deployed for a FB demand in the second run.

Hope this helps

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

In this situation you can do three things:

1. You can create a new dataview with only FA as forecast keyfigure and other view has both Forecasts. Now run heuristics first in FA dataview and run deployment heuristics which will indirectly priorizing to meet FA forecast. Now run heuristics & Deployment in other view. With this always, FA forecast will be met first.

3. You can also run realtime deployment in the sequence mentioned above if you want to avaoid heuristics step.

2. You can use CTM optimizer to do this with givenig FA first priority and others second.

3. You can use Deployment optimizer as well to do the same.

You can choose one of the methods which will give maximum benefit. Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Reagrds,

Jagadeesh