cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO of Sales order stock via delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have plants in many locations. We create sales order (TAB) in plant A sloc 0001 with individual purchase order . Supplier delivers the goods to the distribution centre (a different plant plant B or same plant A diff storage location Sloc 0002 ). Now the distribution centre (plant B) wants ship these materials along with other regular shipments to the Plant A. I created an STO, but when create the delivery using VL10B, I get an error message that the Material is not in PLant A Sloc 0002.

Do I have to do any other configuration?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a very interesting qn

sales order (TAB) in plant A sloc 0001

But the vendor has delivered this product in a different plant B or same plant A diff storage location Sloc 0002

Why do you do that?Why not in plant A sloc 0001

OK if for any administrative reasons you receive the stocks in different plant B or same plant A diff storage location Sloc 0002

Having received the materials now you want to execute the sales order to customer from plant A sloc 0001 only so you are doing STO either from plant B to plant A or within plant A storage location 0002 to storage location 0001

Hope i have clearly understood your process

I get an error message that the Material is not in PLant A Sloc 0002.

This clearly tells that MIGO is not posted when the vendor has delivered the product in same plant A diff storage location Sloc 0002 or different plant plant B

Check this first

In MMBE it should show as sales order stocks in the sales order no you have created first in same plant A diff storage location Sloc 0002 or different plant plant B

Do I have to do any other configuration?

If you are getting the shipping tab in the STO then it means the config from SD side is correct

If still the problem persists why dont you try movement type 311storage location 0002 to storage location 0001 in MB1B or movement type 301plant B to Plant A

TAB is with special stock indicator E rom SD side in VOV7 so along with movement types in MB1B use special stock indicator E also

With MB1B things should workout for you

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Oct 8, 2009 12:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your detailed response. Here is answers to your question.

Why do you do that?Why not in plant A sloc 0001
OK if for any administrative reasons you receive the stocks in different plant B or same plant A 
diff storage location Sloc 0002

As explained initially, plant A and Plant B (or PLant A sloc 0001) are geographically apart. Plant B is the distribution centre. So it was agreed with vendor that he can ship all materials to distribution centre.

Hope i have clearly understood your process

Yes. Spot on.

In MMBE it should show as sales order stocks in the sales order no you have created first in 
same plant A diff storage location Sloc 0002 or different plant plant B

Yes it is showing in PLant B Sloc 0002 as sales order stock.

If you are getting the shipping tab in the STO then it means the config from SD side is correct

Yes I checked the STO. Shipping tab and details look ok. I missed it in my earlier post. When I create the STO I get the availability check message that says that "of the material only 0.0 EA is available on desired date" which means that it does not recognise the

Sales Order stock. I create the STO woth account assignment "M". I hope that is correct.

TAB is with special stock indicator E rom SD side in VOV7 so along with movement types in 
MB1B use special stock indicator E also With MB1B things should workout for you

You have given me a clue here. I think I need to configure a new item category for the sloc to sloc delivery in vov7 to activate the sales order stock.

I will come back to you after testin this one,

Thanks a lot

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

STO Process always with PO

PO>RELEASE PO>DELIVERY>INVOICE>EXCISE INVOICE

T.codes = ME21N>ME22N>VL10B>VF01>J1IIN

in this case Plant has to be create as a customer and make some settings with MM side(MM guy knows)

with proper maintain all the CIN Related Settings Like Chapter ID Plant wise and Extend Storage Location Material and Plant Level.

If you go through this you can do STO easily...

Hari Mandav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

According to my knowledge you cannot transfer the material which is having special stock thru a delivery because

Movement type in schedule line category dosen't support special stock indicator.

Regards

Shakthi