cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress of WBS based on pre-defined weightage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have requirement, as per business process we have customer projects. In my project I have created various WBS elements. Now the prob is the customer decides how much weight age does a WBS carries (Also the WBS's is having different weight age).

Now when the work progress in the project in execution phase, the customer monitors the progress of the individual WBS w.r.t pre-defined weightage.

How do we can get this done in our module???? Your inputs in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give your own weightage to each WBSE, you can input the same in POC Weight field in WBSE progress tab. You have to select Weight(active project) in Progress version configuration(IMG).The system will calculate POC as per the measurement method but it will aggregate based on the weightage given.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use Project progress Measurement methond for the same mostly in these type of requirement you would be using time / Cost proportionality measurment methond. It may vary based on your requirement. Please check below link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ee/41f21b46ee11d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

Thank you very much for your reply, But this is SAP standard progress analysis method where we have fixed to measure in terms of Time, Cost etc.

But in my case for each proj the weight age changes for WBS to WBS. how to do in this case??

Regards,

Tushar

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right. You have to make project progress based on either time / Cost, That why the POC is there that you have to calculate before doing Progress analysis & it may happend as you told in real scenario all the WBS can have diff. POC. Just check based on scenario, business require is time sensitive ( i.e. emphasis on Time deadlined ) or on Cost. Based on that you can take up your decision, which method to be used.

With Regards

Nitin P.