cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service enabling with 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was reading some online documentation on service enabling and i have following questions.

What is the format of the end point we need to set for communication between ECC and PI?

what is UDDI compliant service registry?

What is SOA manager and how do I proceed to do this service enabling on 7.1 system if we dont have SOA manager?

How do we publish the web services in 7.1? how is it different from 7.0?

can someone please provide me with the step by step procedure?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Using ID --> Tools --> Display WSDL

2) Using Service Registry:

a) /people/vikas.aggarwal/blog/2009/10/05/generating-wsdlsoap-url-on-pi-71

b) http://www.riyaz.net/blog/pi-71-publishing-service-interface-as-a-webservice-in-sr/

c) /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/02/27/publish-services-from-pi-71-to-the-service-registry

In PI7.0 there was no common place for storing/ accessing the webservices generated.....however in PI7.1 there is such a place....Service registry.....

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the format of the end point we need to set for communication between ECC and PI?

what is UDDI compliant service registry?

If you know about WebServices or SOA ,then you know about UDDI,noramally UDDI is used to store the services its act like a information holder,suppose you developed some services ,the services you developed we store in UDDI Server.Even we can consume those services and we can publish the services.

Coming SAP ESOA architecture,SAP using SOAP to invoke the services,WSDL using to developing the service,Service Registry using to store the services.Service Regisrty is based on UDDI 3.0 .

we can clasify the services,Service Regisrty stores the services in 4 classsification,ABAP Based services and Java Based....These classifcation provded by UDDI only.The adavatage is we can search services easily.

What is SOA manager and how do I proceed to do this service enabling on 7.1 system if we dont have SOA manager?

As pr my understanding SOA Manager covers the monitoring the services and all components ,its like a administartor .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b0/787748cf3a4200bb1ba32a62aa8519/frameset.htm

I dont think so there is much difference in Publishing the WebService in PI7.1,the procedure is same only,But what you developed Service Interfaces we can publish in Service Registry.

Regards,

Raj