cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup RFC did not return any DB Connection Name: null in DBA Cockpit Wizard

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When trying to run DBA Cockpit Wizard I am receiving the following error message after inputting DB Connection Parameters

"Setup RFC did not return any DB Connection Name: null"

I have entered the FQDN of the DB server, the schema name, the dbname, and the username and password requested. Am I missing something in SMSY or SLD that is causing this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

changzheng_zhao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please apply Note 1504625 - DB6: DBA Cockpit Setup Wizard Returns No Connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you generated the DB Connection using Tcode DBCON. First generate it and test the functionality. (Remote DB connection). You can have release limitations based on the Basis Patch level.

You can also use the RFCs to connect to DB. The parameters varies in this case.

Kinldy revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jagan,

It appears that the Tcode DBCON is not available in my system. I am using SolMan EHP1 SP20. If it helps, I am trying to connect from SolMan running on Windows with MSSQL to a system running on an as/400 using DB2.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies,

Its Tcode DBCO, typo.

Still check the Basis patchlevels, they should be compatible and this functionality is available after Basis Patch 12.

Please have a look at the pre-requisite notes:

Note 1027146 - Database administration and monitoring in the DBA Cockpit

Looks like the DB connection is not created properly.

can you please list down the parameters you have maintained for DB connection.

As an workaround, you can use R/3 RFCs to connect to the Remote system for DBAcockpit configurations. You can give a try if its feasible.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Oct 8, 2009 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

where do you configure DBA Cockpit in Solution Manager?!

Are you trying to maintain a connection for your DB via DB02 / System Configuration?