Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REAL TIME DAEMON IN SAP BW 3.5

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have pushed the XML data into the BW Delta Queue using XI. Now we want the data to be loaded automatically into our ODS. Scheduling infopackage for every 1 minute will add over head on the system (if there is no data in the DQ).Can somebody guide us on Real Time Daemon in BW 3.5?

Regards

rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

After successful insertion try to raise an "event" which is mapped to infopack.. Should load them after data arrived from XI?

are you doing to insert every minute? then get information of the reporting needs and talk to basis to decide the duration.

Regards,

Hari

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur advice.We havent worked on Event. Can u guide us?

Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure,

1) Use SM62 to create event "MY_EVENT"

2) Open Infopack ->scheduling options and select the Job "after event" and use "MY_EVENT" there and execute after that.

3) RAISE event "MY_EVENT" using FM " BP_EVENT_RAISE".. (thats is after inserting in delta queue)

Regards,

Hari

(Please do not forget to assign points for helpful responces.. )

Message was edited by: Hari Kiran Y

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Using SM62, we create an event and included it in the infopackage scheduling options. Now ho do we link our event to Delta Queue?

Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops.. looks like we are in problem..

Use the Functiona Module in "BP_EVENT_RAISE" and Pass the parameter "MY_EVENT" after the code,exit after u r inserting the RSA7 ? If you are directly running from XI system.. "try" creating an RFC enabled FM ( In BW system) and use that abive functiona module.

Idea is to run that FM in BW area.. not sure on the XI system capabilities for this..

regards,

Hari

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

As u suggested we have included the FM BP_EVENT_RAISE in our RFC Enabled Function Module. What is the Event Parameter that we need to enter in the RFC Enabled FM. Without Event Paramter it is returning a runtime error- CALL_FUNCTION_PARM_MISSING.

Thanks and Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to Pass the "technical" event name that is you defined in SM62..

MY_EVENT

So the logic and the steps:

1. XI will insert the DATA Packet in RSA7 ..

2. and it will raise MY_EVENT in BW system.

3. Since Infopackage is "defined" to start after the event "MY_EVENT" .. it will get start the load from RSA7

regards,

Hari

regards,

Hari

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

When the event is raised there are two parameters that are taken in to account. One is EVENT_ID AND Other one is EVENT PARM. I have entered EVENT_ID as MY_EVENT. What should be entered in EVENT PARM?

REgards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm.. really?

It is an optional parameter.. can you check in your system by runing manually in SE37?

1) SE37 ->F8

2) Give the Event_ID and then execute..

Let me know if it asks any?

regards,

Hari

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

We just appended our Raise event statement at the end of the code in RFC Enabled Function Module. when We manually executed the FM with Event_ID, it says that Event has been successfully triggered.But the infopackage is not getting scheduled after the Event. Is there any other way to find out whats happening in the FM?

Regards

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok..

Let us clear "known" issue..

1) Please "EXECUTE" infopackage ONCE ( This u need to do once, I hope u had cehecked the "Periodic" checkbox.. while defining the event.).. then raise the event again.. it will trigger the job for sure..

Lets give another try on the remote FM issue..

2) Ok.. define some Parameter while adding the EVENT_ID in the JOB say 01

Pass "01" and see in the FM..

Not sure the 2nd point.. just a thought from my side..

3) Is newly created RFC FM in BW also asking Parameter ID while running in Se37?

regards,

Hari

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks it worked.

Regards

rahul

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Congrats for crossing 1k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you can define the infopackage which reads data from Delta queue and then from XI u can call BAPI BAPI_IPAK_START , which takes Infopackage as the parameter . So in the XI it should push the data to delta queue and then start the BAPI.

Regards,

VIjay

Answers (0)