cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC with TX MD02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting dumps when executing transaction MD02, can someone please assist me in correcting?

Here is a part for the dump...

" 4 FORM INSERT_MDSBI_IN_MDSB.

>>> INSERT MDSB

6 FROM TABLE MDSBI.

7 ADD SY-DBCNT TO STATS-RESBI. "statistics "

Regards,

Iqbal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Iqbal,

Please read carefully the text of note 138108. This short dump can occur when you use characteristics planning,

if more than 9999 components are determined via BOM explosion.

Another possible cause is an inconsistency in the number range. This happens when the current number in the number range for dependent requirements is lower than the highest number in the database table of the dependent requirements RESB.

Please check the current number in transaction OMI2. Here in the interval you can see the current number. Then please check the highest number in table RESB. If the current number in OMI2 is lower than the highest number in table RESB then this should be the reason for the dump.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maky thanks lan and others, it was the number range....

Regards,

Iqbal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cervantes_nicols
Participant
0 Kudos

The problema is "...when array inserts to view MDSB failed with SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC. The underlying table RESB had a number of fields on the database NOT NULL but without default. Some of these fields were missing in the projection view MDSB so each insert via this view resulted in a SQL515 erroneously displayed as duplicate key error...

Solution

Now this new dbsl will correct only the misleading error message. The inserts will still fail.

If you encounter such a problem you should run a forced conversion via SE14 (SE14, edit table, Extras->Forced Conversion). This will recreate the table and all the NOT NULL columns will be defined with a default bound. So the SQL515 won't occur anymore.

Please be aware: if the table is huge then the conversion will take a longer time.

Reference Note 1340371

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at note 845816

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi