cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccBPM error Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a ccBPM which does the following.

It has a fork. In the first branch there is a loop to receive other messages with the same signature as the BPM start step.

In the second step , there is a wait and then some other steps to do stuff like send sync messages.

Now ... I sometimes get a problem that the inbound queue for the BPM goes in status retry because apparently there is no receive step for the message... I however set my BPM to have buffering and 1 queue .

Also , I don't understand how there could not be a receive step if that is the first thing I do in the fork...

Perhaps there is something I'm missing. If this is a problem , how can you actually receive any messages in a BPM without stoping the whole process ? Is there a pattern for this which will not cause the retry problem ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can design a BPM with a loop too. Loop is just a control structure. Usually one would find the receive step as the first step inside a loop at the beginning of the BPM.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I put the receive step as the first step in the loop it process is blocked until a message arrives... I want to be able to receive messages at the same time as the process runs.

Any other ideas... unless I didn't understand your suggestion.

Thierry

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your question saying that just because you have a loop as the first step you are facing problem?

Did you check for this example in help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really,

the problem is , that I need to do something like message dependant loop but at the same time as I receive messages in the infinite loop , I want to handle them...

1 branch receives and the other handles the collection of received messages...

Now the problem is that the receive step in the loop is not my start step , but the next step in the process... Sometimes I receive a message before it is ready.

I must admit that having it as the first step in the loop is the way to go but everytime I do this my process dosn't work anymore...

Thanks.

Answers (0)