cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect existing content server to new SAP system.

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

We have a requirement where the client wants to migrate existing DIRs from current SAP system to a new SAP system. During this process they want to keep their original content server. Is there any way of doing this? If we were to get PHIO ids for each DIR ..is it possible to create a DIR in the new SAP system using some BAPI like BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 along with the original PHIOid?

The end result should be that the new SAP systems should have all the DIRs as the old one and the originals should point to the old content server. Please suggest a way that this can be achieved.

thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

We copy our Production SAP system to our Test SAP system every few months. As part of this process I export the SAP DB from the content server and import the DB to our Test content server. mean I am making a clone of one content server to work with a different SAP system. From my experience, if the pointers in SAP are right, it should work. We have some BAPIs that create URLs for us and the PHIOID appears to be the key in getting the data from the content server.

Also, there is an ALE transport DIR function to clone DIRs from one SAP system to another. There is a switch to include the original or not. I think (would not sware) that if left off, the new DIR still has pointers to the original in the storage system of the source system. Someone in our company has played with this function a little.

Dan Thames