cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid sy-langu in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've used smartforms to build the layout of the inquiry document. The master language is English (cration language of the smartform).

In my smartform, some windows are just including texts. When I output the document in another language than sy-langu, for example french, the system try to load the texts in French, if the system doesn't find the text in french, it loads the texts in english (sy-langu). I would like to avoid this last step, so I would like to display nothing when the system doesn't find the text in french. I saw in FM SSFRT_SET_LANGUAGES that sy-langu is considered as an output language.

is there someone who can help me ?

thanks,

giu

Edited by: Giuseppe Schembri on Oct 8, 2009 1:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That default language, is set automatically as per the server..

u can use read_text function module and check if for sy-subrc eq 0 if other than 0 exit.

former_member559067
Participant
0 Kudos

Giuseppe,

Ae per my understanding you don't won't to get the Include text if SY-LANGU and Include text language are different.

Since, the language of Include text is known to you , then just while calling the include text mark a condition where you'll check whether SY-LANGU is equal to 'FR' as per your include text language, if it fails it should triggered the include text else it should not be triggered.

Anmol Saxena.