cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch AE errors in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure alerts using BPM since I want my payload to be sent as dynamic text in the alert message.

Does BPM handle even the adapter engine errors (like the communication channel errors)? I tried searching through the forum but couldn't find anything.

My requirement is, I should be sending an alert with my payload whenever there is an error in IE or AE.

Does this blog also handle the adapter engine errors?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Thanks

MLS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am reopening my thread.

How can I have a synchronous send step while my receiver is File?

Thanks

MLS

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are having File receiver, then the only option possible to get AE exception is to use Tranport Acknowledgement property of BPM Send step (async send).

There is a good blog by Michal on the same: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Also keep in mind what I have to say about Transport acknowledgement in this thread:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply. I will try with my send step as synchronous and let you know the result. Stay tuned!

-MLS

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My requirement is, I should be sending an alert with my payload whenever there is an error in IE or AE.

IE errors, like Mapping failure, can be captured and raised by BPM.

For AE errors, like CC errors:

1) If your send step is Synchronous then yes it can be captured by BPM

2) If Async then you can implement the Transport Acknowledgement option in the Send step.....I will keep this as the last option....to know why check it here:

There is even a blog by Michal on this topic.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have anybody else tried this?

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think BPM can capture adapter engine errors. Those two are two disjoint engines.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

BPE completly runs on ABAP wherein AE of JAVA.

And these Engines never control/monitor each other.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shabarish,

I did take a look at the these threads

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function - Will invoking from UDF handle AE errors?

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

Will BPM handle AE errors?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally if your exception is in a receive or send step, the AE error should be invoked. Never tried, but maybe you can confirm.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you get a chance to look at this?

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi