cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service call with BAPI including nested tables in exporting parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I need a parent node with with a sub node and again a sub node. I have a function, which is retrieving this data from SAP.

I thought about getting the data from the function already in the same way I need it in the context nodes. That's why I have

created a table type for a structure in the EXPORTING tab of the function. This table type referes to a structure, which includes

also a table type. And again this table type refers to a structure which has another table type included.

Now I have created a service call in the component to this function. I got now the problem, that the service call wizard

just creates the parent node for the exporting parameter. But for the table type, which is there included, it is just creating an

attribute.

Isn't it possible to use the service call wizard to call a function with nested tables as EXPORTING parameter?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The service wizard has limitations when generating with nested structures. This is a known limitations. The Service Call wizard doesn't do anything that can't also be done manually. So when you hit these limitations you have two choices. One - complete the work manually and build the rest of the context and logic yourself. Two - wrap the existing service inside a new service (perhaps an assistance class method) with a simpliefied interface - or just change the service interface itself if you can.

Answers (0)