cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the text of the standard ALV button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

WebDynpro ALV has its own buttons e.g. Export, Is it possible to change the text "Export" as own text 'SaveInExcel' ?

Many thanks,

Meer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this is not possible.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is not possible, do you know, how could I use my own new button (not in ALV) to call the standard button e.g. Export?

I'm very confused to implement the requirenments from my project manager.

Many thanks!

Edited by: Meer Wu on Oct 7, 2009 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When you create the custom button on ALV, then the standard ones cannot be called. You need to have you r own code for that.

For Buttons on ALV- Refer this -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/101df93f-4b5c-2910-14aa-9eb0338c2110&override...

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lekha,

I appreciate for your answer!

I think I would like to choose the easy way to add a tooltip to the standard button in stead to implement a new own button.

best regards,

meer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lekha,

I found an Demo-Video about ALV button from SAP. In stead of "Export", this Demo-video shows us a button with name "Excel"

Plase see the following screenshot:

[Excel button on ALV|http://picasaweb.google.com/meerwu/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJy33JuwwsSVDQ&pli=1#5392808529090584098]

Maybe it is possible to change the name of the standard button? or this Demo-Video implement its own button on ALV.

regards,

meer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check out this video and get back to you..Thanks for sharing Info.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to this question:

Wenn der Typ des Oberflächenelements in der Toolbar oder seine Beschriftung vom Standard abweichen sollen, lassen Sie zwar die ALV-Standardfunktion zu, blenden jedoch das zugehörige Oberflächenelement aus. Stattdessen erzeugen Sie eine selbstdefinierte Funktion und weisen ihr die gewünschte ALV-Standardfunktion zu.

Folgende Oberflächenelemente für ALV-Standardfunktionen können Sie auf diese Weise ersetzen:

● Dropdown-Listbox Senden sowie die einzelnen Einträge der Dropdown-Listbox

● Dropdown-Listbox Anzeigen als sowie die einzelnen Einträge der Dropdown-Listbox

● Drucktasten Zeile einfügen, Zeile anhängen und Zeile löschen

● Drucktaste Prüfen

● Drucktaste Rückgängig

● Drucktasten Excel und Druckversion

● Drucktaste Filter sowie die Einzelfunktionen Filter definieren und Filter löschen

● Drucktaste Einstellungen sowie die Einzelfunktionen Dialogfenster Einstellungen öffnen und Dialogfenster Einstellungen schließen

● Dropdown-Listbox Sichten

Um einer selbstdefinierten Funktion eine ALV-Standardfunktion zuzuweisen, verwenden Sie Methoden der Klasse CL_SALV_WD_FUNCTION.

sap help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I have the same link in english...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the UI element in the toolbar to have a different type or label to the standard

setting, allow use of the standard ALV function, but hide the corresponding UI element. Then

generate a self-defined function and assign the required standard ALV function to it.

You can replace the following UI elements for standard ALV functions in this way:

● Send dropdown list box and individual entries in the dropdown list box

● Display As dropdown list box and individual entries in the dropdown list box

● Insert Row, Append Row, and Delete Row pushbuttons

● Check pushbutton

● Undo pushbutton

● Excel and Print Version pushbuttons

● Filter pushbutton and the Define Filter and Delete Filter functions

● Settings pushbutton and the Open Settings Dialog Box and Close Settings Dialog Box

functions

● Views dropdown list box

To assign a standard ALV function to a self-defined function, you use the methods of class

CL_SALV_WD_FUNCTION.

Methods for Assigning a Standard ALV Function

Function Method

Assign standard ALV function to a self-defined

function

SET_FUNCTION_STD

Get standard ALV function that is assigned to a

self-defined function

GET_FUNCTION_STD

[In page 251|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index;jsessionid=(J2EE3414900)ID0425698650DB01838210644587229495End?rid=/library/uuid/63a47dd9-0b01-0010-3d8e-de27242bf011&overridelayout=true]