cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table leadSelection behavior in Netweaver CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with the selection behavior of a table. In earlier releases (NetWeaver 7.0 and lower) the lead selection of a table was changed by clicking on any cell in a table.

Now we are using NetWeaver 7.1 (SP8). The leadSelection is now only changable by clicking on the first column. I compared properties of the table in NW 7.1 with those of NW 7.0 and I didn't found any difference.

Has the leadselection change behavior been changed within NW 7.1?

The property settings of my table (in NW 7.1) are the following:

- enabled: true

- readOnly: false

- rowSelectable: true

- selectionChangeBehaviour:auto

- selectionMode: auto

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Plz close the thread.

My Best

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I still have the problem. I don't have a OnSelection event. The events for my table ui-element are: onColSelect, onFilter, onLeadSelect and onSort.

I'll try to describe my problem another time: My table columns have all a TextView as TableCellEditor. The onLeadSelection event is only triggered when I click on the first column of a table (the column witch is automatically inserted by the WD framework). I want to trigger the event by clicking on any cell in the table. This is possible in earlier releases. In our actual release (NetWeaver 7.1 SP8) this is not possible - clicking on a cell in the table does not trigger a server round trip and therefor I don't have the possibility of parameter mapping or similar things, because no request is sent to the server.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new behaviour has been introduced for performance reasons. If your component is an "old" component, i.e. a component that has been created in NW 7.0, then it should behave as before. If you want the new behaviour for an old component, use the compatibiltyMode property. If it is a new component, you cannot get the old behaviour.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Armin,

I thought so - now I'm sure and I can communicate it to my customer.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok

Try this

Do the parameter mapping with OnSelection event of the table then

public void onActionTest(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, com.incture.rssfeedcomp.wdp.IPrivateRssFeedCompView.IChildUrlNodeElement index )
{
//@@begin onActionTest(ServerEvent)

wdContext.nodeChildUrlNode().setLeadSelection(index.index());
//@@end
}

Please look into parameter of the action event ,further you can set RowSelectable property of table false and manually handle the lead.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

my Problem is, that index is always null.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I found my problem, the mapping of the Event Parameter was wrong.

Now everything works fine, THANK YOU!

Best Regards,

Peter

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what behaviour you want to implement in lead selection of CE based table?

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to implement the same behavior as in Netweaver 7.0. That means, that the lead selection changes when I click on any cell in a table, not only by clicking the first column.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have the same problem. I already changed the selectionChangeBehaviour and changed compatibilityMode Property of the table, nothing worked.

Has anybody ideas to solve this Problem?

Best regards,

Peter