Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am debugging a class and its method.

After break point is set in code, must I set break point from menu again when the debug screen has appeared?

I used the pull-down menu and set the breakpoint as well and it prompts me to enter the class and method. But i not sure to choose global class or local class. Its a z-copy of SAP class.

Also, after sm50, and choosing debug program, nothing happens. What should happen? The initial debug screen with code that system brings me into , i could not see my code.

Pls advise.

Thanks,

Suzie

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you set the break point and enter debug the program should stop at your break point. If you are trying to debug from BSP/Web Based application, you should set HTTP break point. To set HTTP break point, follow menupath utilities->settings->ABAP editor tab->Debugging tab and then check Actv check box. If you are using command line debugging from ABAP command prompt using /h, then once the debug screen appears hit F8, it will stop at your breakpoint. Thanks.