SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of Print document not updating ERDK only ERCHC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We having a problem in reversals of print documents whereby the table ERDK is not being updated to show that the print doc has been reversed (fields INTOPBEL and STOKZ)- however the table ERCHC is updated to show that the reversal has taken place (linked to the billing document). We are only fiinding a few examples in the system and at this point cannot simulate the errors.

Has anyone seen something similar - i am assuming that a reversal is happening with a transaction i am not aware of or users are not following the standard process. Usually the users are supposed to EA13 for reversals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

regards

Muneeb

3 REPLIES 3

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muneeb,

I have not seen such scenario before, but I suggest you the following:

My suggestion is to debug the code for reversal. For that, you need to identify the standard FM which is used in common from other transactions for Invoice/Billing reversal. Goto EA13 and system-> status -> ABAP Include, then check the Include function group to list all the reversal related FMs.

In that sequence of FMs, locate the place where it updates ERCHC and ERDK. I guess come of your custom code is raising this issue.

Hope this could help you identify the cause of error.

Thanks,

Srinivasan

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan

Thanks for the help - but the only problem is that due to the cases being isolated - we cannt re-create the problem so debugging wont help. We also do not have custom code in the EA13 - which makes it almost impossible to detect.

Thanks

Muneeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muneeb,

maybe the users follow the standard porcess of adjustment reversal?

(from help.sap.com) Adjustment reversal is a special type of reversal. tcode: EA21

Use this type of reversal in cases that do not call for a full reversal. A print document contains only one incorrect billing document, for example.

In this case reverse the incorrect billing document and correct the bill. The invoicing document will not be reversed.

hope this helps?

-Tom