cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get alias for webdynpro application generated url?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a webdynpro application.

Now i want to execute this webdynpro application when i execute some url for ex: www.my_appln.com so that it will be easy for users of this application to remember the same. www.my_appln.com will act as alias to my WDA url.

Or is there any other way to execute this webdynpro applications likefor ex executinga report using t-codes.

Can anybody help me out in this regard.

Regards,

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you  can create TCODE for the webdynepro application , so that all you need to remember only the tcode .

steps to create tcode for webdynepro application :

1)go to se93 tcode and your desired tcode name as per your wish .

2)give any description for it .

3)now select the radio button "transaction with parameters(parameter transaction)".

4)now you will be taken to next screen in which you will be asked to enter the transaction ,

give "WDYID"  since we are creating i,d for webdyne , in short WDYID .

5)now tick initial screen , radio button professional user transaction .

6)now there are some default values in WDYID .

one is STARTMODE and other is APPLICATION .

STARTMODE IS GUI OR BROWSER

APPLICATION IS YOUR WEBDYNE PRO APPLICATION NAME .

SAVE AND EXECUTE IT .

THANKS .......

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can easily create an alias element in transaction code SICF. However you aren't assigning your WDA ot a unique URL. You would still have the hostname of your server. You would just be shortening the path. For example a normal WDA URL:

http://my.server.sap:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zmho

If I create an Alias in SICF

http://my.server.sap:8000/zmho1

Here is the online help for creating aliases:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/78/9852bac06b11d4ad310000e83539c3/frameset.htm

However in general, this is the reason that we recommend the usage of the NetWeaver Business Client or NetWeaver Portal. The user logs into one place and then chooses their activity based upon their roles.

You can also place WDA application into the users role in transaction PFCG and they they will be links on the Easy Access Menu in the SAPGUI - they launch in the browser when clicked.

You can also create transaction codes for WDA by creating a parameter transaction code over the top of the SAP TCode WDYID. This is how the transaction code SOAMANAGER works - if you want to see an example.

former_member386290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a Webservice (on RFC function module) in ECC6 system but while testing it in WSADMIN, it takes me to the URL of different system (P71, in my case). I do not know how the basis guys have done their installations but is there a way to find out correct URL (specially FQDN and port) from within ECC6 SAP system?

My guess is that application server name of both ECC6 and P71 systems are same but system numbers ( 03 and 04 respectively) are different!

Thanks

AP