cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Error: Field Overflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I´m trying to input a sales order with a price (PR00) whose amount is 1.271.556,19 per 1 unit (no exchange rate involved), and the system is returning the following message:

Pricing error: Field overflow

Message no. V1802

Has anyone faced the same issue?

Any help will be welcome.

Adriano Cardoso

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please check in SU01d with the user ID.

Go to Defaults tab page and check the field format -

Are you entering the price in the above format?

If not change your profile.

Thanks & Regards

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have. But when you sell something by a greater unity, the price should be increased accordingly. Example: I sell some good for 1000 per 1 unit, if I sell per 10 units, the price should be 10.000, right?

If I do this in my scenario, the overflow in the field will be even greater.

The currency is BRL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks everyone for the prompt replies!

I tried all your alternatives, but didn´t work as desired.

Any other ideas maybe?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried my last suggestion ?? By the by, what is the currency ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also even try by maintaining the unit price either for per 10 or per 100.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adriano Cardoso

Your price 1.271.556,19 contains 12 characters while in Standard SAP we are having 11+2 char space for currency.

Might be based on PR00 value some other condition is calculating price with is more then 11+2 character.

Please check and confirm.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KOMV-KBETR has length of 11 digits with 2 decimals. This does not include any separators, which are not stored in the database. This means that one should be capable, in theory, of setting the price of 999,999,999.99. However, sometimes some intermediate fields are used in calculations and conversion, which might have smaller size. Also sometimes the value stored in the database is actually 100 times bigger (e.g. for percentages).

I would recommend to debug this up to the point where the message occurs (you can set a watchpoint for sy-msgno) and act accordingly. It is also possible that the value is being manipulated by a user exit.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at note 574328

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriano Cardoso

As you are facing the error "Pricing error: Field overflow" so the pricing data is not getting updated in the database Tables.So check wheather VBAP, VBUP VBAK tables.

So check the key combination what you have maintained for the PR00 condition type.and check wheather that key combination fields are there or not in the KOMK, KOMP structures

Regards

Srinath