cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog Wysiwyg Editor - Chain Button is Inactive

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am editing a blog. I want to insert a link to another blog, I suppose I am expected to use the chain button "Insert/Edit link", but it is inactive. Also the next button "Unlink" is inactive.

The funny think is that in this incarnation of the wysiwyg editor I am just using the chain button is active.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

PS.

I have inserted the link directly in the html source. This is now shown as a link in the wysiwyg editor. When I put the cursor into this link the two buttons become highlighted and now I can edit the link as expected.

Is it really the way I should use to insert links? I would find it a little bit cumbersome...

Edited by: Riccardo Escher on Oct 7, 2009 2:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Easy. Highlight the text you want to hyperlink to first and then you will see the link button. I had the same duh first time I used it so don't feel too badly.

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Marilyn,

yes, it was so simple. Every editor has it's peculiarities...

I searched for informations and found the wiki [Blogging 101 - How to Use the WYSIWYG Editor|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Community/Blogging+101#Blogging101-HowtoUsetheWYSIWYGEditor], but this information was missing. I have now tried to edit this wiki, but I have the impression that I am not allowed to.

Can you please insert this small hint?

Thank you very much!

Bye Riccardo

Answers (0)