cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical 3rd party Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have these concerns which has been bothering me under 3rd party with Shipping Notification:

- Customer is directly delivered by my Vendor for a Qty of 50 against 100 Order. and then Vendor sends me Shipping Notification showing me 50 Qty as Delivered. My concerns are these

1. If the part is available then NO PR is required but if the Stock is not available then PR has to be generated. Now I completely understand that based on my BANC item Cat group , the PR generation is controlled. But what if I have to use Std item Group and decide on generating PR based on the scenario i have just mentioned at the begining of this line. Will we need a User Exit for this or configuration is available?

2. Since I will not be delivering to the customer directly , I dnt need to a delivery document. But I need to invoice my customer for 50 Qty from Sales order before the Vendor invoice comes in. For that as per the Best Practise I need to do a Dummy Goods receipt towards consumption(Virtual receipt) using the Shipping notification sent in by the Vendor. Now my question is what is the difference between Dummy Goods receipt towards consumption and Goods Receipt towards stock? How does the system knows that this part needs to be good received for consumption and not for stock. Is there difference in the MIGO process which differentiates this? Does anybody knows the technical difference in this?

3. Once the 50 Qty is received in (Virtually) the Sales order is updated to invoice only 50 Qty and not 100. How does the system knows that? My thinking its the Sales Doc item to Billing Doc item Copy contrl setting of Billing Qty Field responsible for this. Is that Right?

Regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know,

in 3rd party, vendor directly delivers goods to the customer . We just book the order & send the invoice Once vendor invoice is received.

1- PR will be created automatically based on item category determination- if not, for the std item cat group materials , to create PR , we need to change item category manually in SO creation. (for eg: change the item cat from TAN to TAS manually)

2- observe the item details for TAS, where billing relevance = F,

F: Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice quantity

Relevant for order-related billing documents based on the invoice receipt quantity (third-party business transaction). The system transfers the order into the billing due list only after the vendor invoice has been received and processed in the purchasing department. After the receipt of each invoice, a customer invoice is created for the quantity that appears on the vendor invoice. The order has status "Billed" until the next vendor invoice is received.

Item category TAS (Third party item) is set up with billing relevance "F" in the standard system.

This process can also be related to the quantity of goods receipt.

You can make the control setting as to whether the invoice receipt quantity or the goods receipt quantity should be relevant for billing in the copy control for billing on the item level in the billing quantity field. (In Customizing, choose Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Billing documents -> Maintain Copying Control for Billing Documents -> Copying Control: Delivery to Billing Document -> Item, then select an item category.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.Now I completely understand that based on my BANC item Cat group , the PR generation is controlled

automatic PR creation is controlled by schedule line categories, as you already know item categories group is used to determine item categories,based on the item categories schedule line categories will be determined.

for PR creation is controlled in vov6 cs -Leg(order type-NB,item category - 5, acct assgt cat-1) this will create PR in sales order.

3. Once the 50 Qty is received in (Virtually) the Sales order is updated to invoice only 50 Qty and not 100. How does the system knows that? My thinking its the Sales Doc item to Billing Doc item Copy contrl setting of Billing Qty Field responsible for this. Is that Right?

invoice is created for third party order will be created based on the sales order relevence not the delivery billing relevence, sales order quantity will be copied into invoice

regards

senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senya,

1. What if the stock is there ansd I dnt want system to create PR? Wht setting is required for tht?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mahesh,

how do you know the stock of the vendor(who is going to supply directly to the customer) for the third party order?

regards

senya

Former Member
0 Kudos

he is my manufacturer and sends me stock and he also acts as Production house cum warehouse for me. So whenever I get an order and If I have stock he i will supply (So no PR) but If my Stock shows 0 , he can produce and suply the goods for which I will need a PR. Hope this clarifies?