cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Service desk message numbers and Deletion of messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running solution manager 7.0 ehp1. We have configured service desk and it is working fine. IT is generating the notification number as 8000000*

1. We find that sometimes the numbers are skipped. No messages are missing but the numbers are not sequential sometimes. We see 8000000450 after 8000000440. It happens on and off and there is no definite scenario under which this happes.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue as i am unable to find any sapnote specific to thsi setting.

2. I am trying to delete unwanted test messages we created during setup. But when i go to Tcode DNOTIF and provide my ticket number 8000000, it says no notification exists. The F4 help also shows number startign from 9 but not 8. But the tickets are created only in 8 series.

Kindly also help me identify the method to delete the unwanted tickets.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To avoid these, chk the EARLY NO ASSIGNMENT in the Transaction Numbering in SPRO.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1 We find that sometimes the numbers are skipped. No messages are missing but the numbers are not sequential sometimes. We see 8000000450 after 8000000440. It happens on and off and there is no definite scenario under which this happes.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue as i am unable to find any sapnote specific to thsi setting.

This migh be happening because if u r posting a ticket from crmd_order transaction and then u dont save and exit the transaction a message is not posted but the no is consumed and next time u press create button the next consecutive no wil com up

2 I am trying to delete unwanted test messages we created during setup. But when i go to Tcode DNOTIF and provide my ticket number 8000000, it says no notification exists. The F4 help also shows number startign from 9* but not 8. But the tickets are created only in 8 series.*

It is not possible to delete the message permanently in solman ...as there are 2 part Basis and CRM and you are checking the Basis part via dnotif..for crm part use CRM_DNO_Monitor tcode

your no range 8* series might be of crm part or internal no range.

you can search forum for deletion process and fol notes

Check the following notes.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Oct 7, 2009 4:28 PM