cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Variant problems BBP_SC - screen 120

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

(We are on SRM4.0) Here is the problem: We added some Z fields onto the basic data tab on the shopping cart. In the approval process, one kind of approver should be given authorization to change only those fields and all other fields on the shopping cart should be "display only".

For this, I thought I could use the screen variant BBP_SC - screen 120 to create z screens, make almost all the fields as "display only" and assign it in the SCREENVARIANT BADI by checking the role of the user. Since the Z fields are set for chnage in the ZBD_CUF_BADI_2, I thought it would work.

I read the posts on the screenvariants and seems like they arent that straight forward as they seem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

you are not so far from succeeding.

Screen variants are used to modify the search result lists, not for the detailed subscreens.

To handle the CUF, there is the BADI BBP_CUF_BADI_2, with the method MODIFY_SCREEN that allows you to choose between ready for input or display only.

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

BBP_CUF_BADI_2 is only for Z fields. But, when the Shopping cart goes out to approval for user, and when the Approver hits 'Change', all the fields on the cart should be in the 'Display' mode except the z fields. Using the BBP_CUF_BADI_2 I already chnaged the fields to be available for input. But, when the guy hits 'Change' everything in the shopping cart is available for chnage. If there is no BADI that could deal with this, I might have to compare the current cart with old data and throw out messages if he changes anything else than the z fields which is gonna be ugly! Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri K,

you want to be in change mode, but with sdt fields in display mode !!! Good luck )

One way is to change the std code of ALL screen PBO (in the usual form modify_screen), to close those sdt fields depending on the transaction code --> Huge work

Another way would be to be in a display/change mode (instead of change/display), i.e. to be in display mode, but to activate CUF and action buttons.

None of those options is perfect....

Let's see if somebody else has a great idea for you !!

Rgds

Christophe