cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in BOM transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am getting an error while BOM transfer using CN33.

A FERT material has its bom.

When i transfer the BOM of that FERT to the project, FERT material is not getting transferred, however all the below level materials are getting transferred on the project.

Kindly help.

sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have tried selected the multilevel also still the problem exist.

sudhir

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you solve this issue? Because I have the same problem!!

Thanks

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

One suggestion.

Create 3 to 4 activity having Electrical assembly with reference point E, Mechanical assembly with reference point M, Delivery to warehouse with reference point R i:e you FERT material.

You might be created BOM having mechanical bom electrical bom with respected reference point as mentioned above & the FERT material will be having reference point R.

When you transfer the BOM of that FERT having reference point R to the project, FERT material transferred to activity Delivery as reference point is given R, however all the below level materials are getting transferred on the project with respected reference point.

The quantity of BOM will be multiplied with the execution factor which you need to maintain in network activity.

The FERT material will be shown as negative qty in requirement qty

Hope you got it.

Regards,

ahs

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar Shaikh,

I've tried a similar processes many times.

I used Tcode CS02 to assign the reference points to the items and the Tcode CN33 to make the transfer and to choose the reference point of the BOM header. I've tried using different reference points for the items and for the header and using the same.

It must be some step or customization setting I'm missing... Any idea?

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can do it by using user exit in cn33 function module

check in SMOD: enhancement: CNEX0015

Function Module: EXIT_SAPLCN10_002

You will surely get the desired result : negative qty in the fert material.

Regards,

ahs

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar Shaikh,

The user exit is empty. I've compared with another system in which the transfer it's working fine and I can't see any difference... I do not know what else I should check.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar Shaikh,

The user exit is empty. I've compared with another system in which the transfer it's working fine and I can't see any difference... I do not know what else I should check.

Thanks anyway for your time! I'll keep working!

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please consult abaper for the same, you will have to write code for that, need to do coding in user exit.

With that function module apply user exit with coding.

Hope you will understand.

Regards,

ahs

Former Member
0 Kudos

shrikrina,

When i said i have entered the data in Change view assembly item/WBS element assignment BOM transfer' screen means i have entered the data in transfer screen of CN33. Still only child items are getting transferred and the assembly item is not getting transferred.

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you chosen "multilevel" in the selection parameters (shift +F5).

Regards

Srikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/gokul,

I have already assigned the Project defination with the material and plant & given reference point in Change view assembly item/WBS element assignment BOM transfer' screen.

But still assembly item is not getting transferred to the project, the expected result is that the assembly item required to be transferred as negative quantity where as child item to be transferred with positive quantity.

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to choose the tranfer control option in the initial screen of CN33 transaction and mention the BOM header material (FERT) and reference point.

After execution the header material will be assigned to the required network activity with negative quantity.

Regards

Srikrishna

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I am not at system, But in CN33 Tcode when ever you exeucute at that time, it will transfer only child component only and not Header ( zero Level BOM ) One of this is the scenario of Finish Good will be at Saler order level & belwo level componenet you are assigning via BOM Transfer.

But when you wanted to create assembly from Network at that time you click on Transfer button. It will tansfer BOM header with negative requirment & Component with positive requirment.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with what Nitin has to say. I think this is what is mentioned in detail in the link i posted in my previous thread.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear gokul,

The problem is that while BOm transfer level Zero of the BOM is not getting considered.

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Please refer this thread. Maybe you can relate it with yoru query.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Gokul