cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UML: Do you use Together?

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am evaluating Borland's Together Architect 2006 (The archaic NWDS plugin will no longer be supported by Borland after May 31, 2006 http://support.borland.com/entry!default.jspa?externalID=3546) and I was wondering how to best integrate it with NWDS and have some questions about it.

Can Together be configured to access source code in the DTR? I tried the tutorial for EJB Modeling and the java code it generated was specific for Weblogic. Can this be changed to create EJB code specific for NWDS and to use the dictionary in SAP NWDS?

My last question has to deal with Together's LiveSource roundtrip engineering. If I were to create a project in NWDS and later import it into Together, will the UML diagrams be properly updated if there were changes in the code? Finally, how much java code can be generated from the UML models beyond the setters and getters. Thanks in advance.

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

What conclusions and findings you got, regarding the usage of UML with NWDS? Now that Borland has withdrawn the Together support for NWDS, what options SAP is giving us for software modeling? It seems like a hole in SAP's J2EE offering... How can SAP supports J2EE without proper integration with a UML software.

I understand we are moving to a model-driven and busines process / SOA paradigms, but there are still many situations where we need to do the traditional OO modeling.. e.g. I think we need something to do component and package modelling in Web Dynpro, as well as sequence diagrams for Use Case Realization at least at the component level.

Let me know how you decided to proceed with the UML modeling.

Thanks,

Eric