cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BaseResourceException: Can not get connection", for 120 seconds...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I ran quite regularly into a very ugly situation:

Every now and than when I try to access the database using a data source I get the following exception:

com.sap.sql.sync.DbTableSyncReader##com.sap.sql.sync.DbTableSyncReader#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:4]_10##0#0#Error#1#/System/Database/sql/sync#Java#com.sap.sql_0003#com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLResourceBundle#SQL error occured on connection null: code=0, state="08003", message="ResourceException occured in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Can not get connection", for 120 seconds..."";

SQL statement is "DataSource.getConnection()".#5#0#08003#ResourceException occured in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Can not get connection", for 120 seconds..."#<null>#DataSource.getConnection()#

com.sap.sql.sync.DbTableSyncReader##com.sap.sql.sync.DbTableSyncReader#######SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:4]_10##0#0#Error##Plain###com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseSQLException: ResourceException occured in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Can not get connection", for 120 seconds..."

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.cci.ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:59)

at com.sap.sql.sync.DbTableSyncReader.performSynchronisation(DbTableSyncReader.java:108)

at com.sap.sql.sync.SyncTimeoutListener.timeout(SyncTimeoutListener.java:18)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.opensql.TimeoutListenerAdapter.timeout(TimeoutListenerAdapter.java:13)

at com.sap.engine.services.timeout.TimeoutNode.run(TimeoutNode.java:50)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl4.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:70)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl4.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:111)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Can not get connection", for 120 seconds..."

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.jca.ConnectionHashSet.match(ConnectionHashSet.java:232)

at com.sap.engine.services.connector.jca.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:157)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.cci.ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:51)

Most of the time everything works fine and there is no scheme as of which transactions cracks my datasource.

And from that point on I can't access the database anymore. I do have to restart the complete server.

Whenever this exception occurs I try to re-initialize the connection with a lookup from initial context. But that doesn' help.

There is no other error message in the log files and I can't access the visual admin.

Is there any additional setting I can add in the data-source-aliases.xml ?

Any other ideas ?

I tried a lot but nothing seems to work. Or is this maybe something 'incomplete' of the preview WAS which will be fixed in the final version?

Best Regards,

Astrid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

you're losing your database connection for some reason and cannot reconnect. I'm pretty sure this should be solved by now as this was a feature that is extensively used by soime applications and was a problem earlier this year.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benny,

thanx for your answer.

We're not in the ramp up, therefore I don't have any fix packs available. Is there anything I can do about it ? We are desperately waiting for the final version but meanwhile we have already started intensive test activities and I get simply mad about this problem ???

Best Regards, Astrid

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

we are shortly before delivery. That's all I can tell you now. Tell your administration to order now...

Regards,

Benny