cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggest on the design in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement where i have to make use of sync/async bridge.

Let me detail my requirement.

I have a source system which sends a sync request to PI. PI would send an async request to the target system. The target system sends the async response to SAP PI. PI would again sends an async request to the target system, the target would send the async response to PI. Then, PI would send the sync response to the source system.

The request from the source is SOAP request. Both async calls at the target side will happen through MQ.(JMS adpaters)

The requirement is sync/async with two async calls involved at the target side.

Hope the requirement is clear.

Could you please suggest on the best performance design!! also, on the procedure to go about it.

Thanks

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>PI would send the sync response to the source system.

Does this final response contain data from the 2 Async messages received in PI. If yes, then you need to use BPM here with the following steps

1. Sync Receive

2. Async Send

3. Async Receive

4. Async Send

5. Async Receive

6. Transformation (if required)

7. Sync send

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the Sync/ Async Bridge concept of BPM: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65d4dab39b0398e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Transport Acknowledgement wont help here.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

>>Transport Acknowledgement wont help here.

Why can't we have transport acknowledgment in this case? By switching it on, in BPM we can track whether the message was successfully sen tot the receiver JMS server or not.

Can you throw light on why the Acknowledgment will not work here!!!

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transport Acknowledgement is a bit unreliable....suppose in first try the message delivery fails.....it will be marked as an error by Transport Acknowledgement.......now in second or third attempt the message is delivered successfully.....how are you going to track it.....if you implement some exception handling then in the first response itself the exception will be triggered......what about the successful attempt then.....I keep it as a last option to implement...

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

>>PI would send an async request to the target system. The target system sends the async response to SAP PI. PI would again sends an async request to the target system, the target would send the async response to PI.

PI will send async request to first target system and then move on to the second. It will not wait for any response from the target system (this is the case for async interface). If you want a response back then you need to make both send steps (to intermediate targets )as sync send step.

But in BPM you have the option of acknowledgment in send step. You can use transport acknowledgment for each of the async send.

Performance wise this is going to be a bottleneck as you have JMS receivers and BPM.. Not a great combination

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to implement a BPM in this case.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah abhishek,

I have two options to go ..

One is using BPM

Other is two call a mapping program from udfof another mapping program.

Could you please let me know or point me any guide which shows the step -step procedure to acheive the same using BPM.