Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP datasource

arnab_ghosh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created APO DP datasource in development system by generating it from planning area. and i created some infopackages to load the data up to PSA.

For example: suppose i have created ABC datasource in APO DP area.

When it got transported to INT system, it is not active. and while activating we get the following error:

"Infosource ABC is not available in the source system"

wat is the root cause for this?

Can this generated datasource be transported from one system to another system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

After transporting datasource to taget system, you need to replicate the same first then transport the transfer rules to the target system.

Refer to the cosulting note 514524 which describes the steps to follow for datasource transport.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

arnab_ghosh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. this issue is something different.

As i told i have generated the datasource in APO planning area in T-code /n/sapapo/msdp_admin. the data is being loaded up to PSA only. So alltogether there is one datasource and 5 infopackages only. No transfer structure, transfer rule or any cube.

When it got transported from DEV system INT, it is inactive and while activating this datasource the following error occurrs:

infosource is not available in the source system.

suppose sytem is BD1, i have generated the datasource in BD1 and replicated to BW side in BD1 itself.

whether this type of generated datasource can be transported from one system to another system or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Yes, we can transport datasources generated in MSDP_ADMIN to other systems.

One question i have is that without having any target, how can you extract data from source system.

You have created dataosurce in APO system and extracting data in BW system or same sytem. In case of same system, dataosurce needs to be replicated after the transport. Please check the datasource status after replicating in case of same system.

Incase you are extracting data into diferent system, please follow the process:

1. Generate datasource in APO system and create transport request.

2. Replicate in BW sysetm and activate and capture it in tansport request.

3. Transport the datasource in APO system.

4. Replicate in corresponding BW system and then transport the BW request in which active datasource exists.

Then try to extract data, it should work.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

arnab_ghosh3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thanks for the reply.

The scenario is like we have to load the data up to PSA and the data will be sent from PSA to some other system by using system command. and i am extracting data in the same system.

When i try to replicate, it show- "Data source could not be replicated, do you want to delete the datasource, transfer structure, transfer rule mapping etc" like this.

I dont know why its showing like this.