cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Java Stack from ABAP+JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are on SUSE Linux 10 SP2, Oracle 10.2.0.4, ECC 6.0 SR3 ABAP+JAVA.

We are in the process of upgrading our system to EhP4 and we have decided not to upgrade our JAVA stack and also wanted to uninstall it.

I have read the Standard installation document which gives good procedure to uninstall the JAVA stack manually, but i rather prefer to do it thru SAPinst.

Now my question is " IS IT POSSIBLE TO UNINSTALL JAVA alone from SAPINST?" is yes, steps in brief and thru which user (root or sidadm).

I have also read the SAP Note: 1229586 and this says in BOLD letters the below

We strongly recommend that you use the "Uninstall" option of

SAPinst to delete an SAP system or SAP system instances. If

you decide to uninstall an SAP system or SAP system instances

manually, you do this at your own risk.

Note that dual-stack (ABAP+Java) systems running software

units such as PI (Process Integration) or MI (Mobile

Infrastructure) will not work any longer appropriately when

you uninstall the Java Add-In.

So i request all the experts to suggest me the best way out.., and guide me out of this confusion.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hunky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are in the process of upgrading our system to EhP4 and we have decided not to upgrade our JAVA stack and also wanted to uninstall it.

Good decision! Avoid dual stack installations wherever possible.

> I have read the Standard installation document which gives good procedure to uninstall the JAVA stack manually, but i rather prefer to do it thru SAPinst.

> Now my question is " IS IT POSSIBLE TO UNINSTALL JAVA alone from SAPINST?" is yes, steps in brief and thru which user (root or sidadm).

No - no standard way yet.

What you can do is:

Do a system copy but do only the ABAP part of the copy. After that delete the Java schema on the database.

Markus