cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA -Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

In New RSA1 workbench there is no PSA tab,so how and which transaction do I need to go in order to see for PSA.

I know we can goto PSA for individual cube or datasource from monitor screen or from menu and then goto ..

Any idea as to how to navigate it??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johny,

the preliminary features list for SPS 8 says:

"Previously, you could not update PSA requests for 3.x DataSources into InfoProviders from the Data Warehousing Workbench. With SAP NetWeaver 2004s SPS 8, you can call the

scheduler from DataSource administration for a request and schedule the further processing of the request. This is possible as long as there is no active data transfer process for the DataSource or the InfoProvider into which you want to update data."

Regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cornelia ,that helps.

I have awarded points for your answer.

thanks

chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johny,

it is planned to have the update option for PSA requests in the DataSource Administration for 3.x DataSources. See http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000668996&; --> SPS08 --> Planned Features --> this preliminary list --> row 33.

Regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cornelia,I tried the link several times didnt open it just hangs is it possible to copy paste the information please

Loan - Thanks ,I knew abt RSA1OLD but dont want to use these as am using NW2004S and 3.x datasources so believe should be possible with RSA1 itself.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johny,

I accomplished this by using transaction RSA1old in the PSA tab. Have not seen the PSA option in the new RSA1 yet.

Regards,

Farzad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please goto "Adminitration" of the new Workbench.

and then "Monitors" --> "Load data", here you get a overview.

Best,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johny,

1. In RSA1, did you check in the "MODELING" tab? PSA section will be in that.

2. Pls. go to RSMO and click the relevant load. On the top there are set of icons. Click the icon that is 2nd from right. That will take you to the corresponding PSA.

Hope this helps.

You may asign points if this was helpful..

Thaks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

The last post in below thread(from Andreas Keppler) should solve your problem.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

However Earlier there was an option of scheduling the PSA requests in BACKGROUND ,I dont see that option in reply of Andreas or Michaels option.

So is there any other place of we simply dont have the option of sheduling the PSA requests in background??

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Johny,

As of my knowledge there is no background option we have in NW2004s. It is, we have to do based on the PSA request number.

I am not very clear, but we have the choice to do settings at DTP - Filter to load only selective request from PSA.

Currently, I don't have the BI7.0 System access.

So, Try this and Let me know the result of this

Regards,

Vamsi

former_member192700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johny,

there will be the same option as in the previous releases available for the scheduling the propagation of PSA requests to data target.

You will find it where you find the PSA related information for a DataSource (position on a DataSource and use the context menu entry 'Manage').

Cheers

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Ramp-Up BI Back Office Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

am I missing something as i do not see these option

when i goto Datasource-->Manage it shows list of all PSA requests ,there are only 3 buttons

1)PSA maintenance2)Delete3)Cancel

I do not see the button for scheduling the requests in background???

thanks

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

as a matter of fact i DONOT have the option of scheduling the PSA request itself..

Looks like SCHEDULING OF PSA request is only available from the MONITOR SCREEN ??

can you please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny

You cannot schedule your request from the PSA to the data target (like in 3.x). You need to use a DTP --> the DTP will automatcially send all PSA requests (which do not exist in the target yet) to the data target

If you need to clean your PSA, you will need to use a process chain - there is a new process available there for this task

Hope this answers your question

Good luck

-Ioan-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Loan,though am in NW2004S,I am using 3.X technology datasources and not the NEW ones.

Any idea as to why am not seeing those?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johnny

I thought you were using the new NW2004s features, that is why I got confused. Try the transaction RSA1OLD --> I think you should be all set afterwards

Good luck

-Ioan-