cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Form translation in to different languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please guide me through the procedure/process of "how to translate Adobe forms in to a different languages".

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

There are two methods to translate any Adobe form.

First method :

login to the target language

Go to SFP --> enter the form name

Click on Change

Click on Goto -> translation

Original language will be autopopulated. Enter the target language in which you want the texts to be translated into., eg FR (French) and enter

You will see the tree for translation objects. Expand the package name and then PDFB. Under PDFB you will find your form name --> Double Click.

A translation editor will open up.

Navigate to Object Menu --> Copy Source text.

The entire XML for the form will be copied in the target language window with all static text literals highlighted in blue.

Replace the english text (blue text) with the French text ( target language text) and save.

Thats all. The form will be now translated, run the application and provide the target language in the URLis the target language.. sap-language=FR

Also there is Second method.:

1)You have to create the form in target language and attach in webdynpro layout as your original language

2)In the context of the view define two new attributes (VISIBILE and VISIBILE_FR ) with type as "WDUI_VISIBILITY"

3 )Now in webdynpro layout attach this form same as your English form and bind the visible property of interactive forms( both EN and FR form) with the VISIBILE and VISIBILE_FR attributes respectively.

4) Now through any initial method you can set the value of VISIBILE =u2019 02 u2018and VISIBILE_FR =u2019 01u2019 for English form to visible and vice versa for Fr form

Choose the convenient option .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where when the user executes a program, the form should be generated in the logon language. As per your suggestion, I am using the text module approach. But instead of translating each text module via SE63, I manually created text modules in the other languages and also named them differently.

eg: ZTEXT_MODULE_ENGLISH, ZTEXT_MODULE_FRENCH, ZTEXT_MODULE_DUTCH

Is this the right approach assuming that later on they may expect more languages to be added?

Also I tried the method of translating via SFP. But I am not sure if this means that the form will automatically recognize the language (maybe based on sy-langu) and trigger either the original format (ENGLISH in this case) or the translation (e: DUTCH).

I hope this translation is not a one time manual step as the user expects to see teh relevant language o/p directly when he executes the code.

Can someone throw more light on both these approaches?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. I am able to do it.

- Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See the following thread

[;

Kind Regards

Mukesh