cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanish Translation Needed

former_member29412
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm translating one of my add-ons from English to Spanish and while I speak Spanish fairly fluently, I can't remember the word for "Tab". By this I mean, for instance, the tabs in Item Master Data that are indicated by General, Purchasing Data etc. I call them "Tabs". What are they called in Spanish?

Gracias!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

"Pestaña" is the word you are looking for, although I think in Latin America is also common "Tab".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis, nice to see you again.

You could also use the "Solapa" word (for spain).

Regards,

Ibai Peñ

former_member29412
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I think that will work nicely. I suppose I'm going to do two versions in Spanish (Latin America and Spain), so your input is helpful. I've also been doing a lot of demo's in Spanish lately and I kept forgetting to ask what that word meant. Now I can at least have something to say rather than "el coso ese".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Curtis, keep on asking if you need it.

For this purpouses I usually use this dictionary:

http://www.wordreference.com/es/

which also has a forum where people ask doubts about translations.

On the other hand, I suppose you mean "la cosa esa" becouse it is a female word...

Regards,

Ibai Peña

PS: Is your feeling about SBO getting better since the techsummit?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

My name is David. Everyone adores your translation blog, and I find it to be quite useful myself. At Acadetudio, I also work as a translator. Czech translation, dubbing, voice-over, interpreting, transcription, and other translation services are provided by Acadestudio. If you require any language services, kindly contact Acadestudio.com.