Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Libraries in Custom Adapter Module

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We developed two custom module. one is PDF creation (itext library) & other is Read Excel (jxl library).PDF file is working fine, it's library got stored on PI server automatically at j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.xi.repository/app_libraries_container/itext-1.4.2.jar & i added reference for same in application-j2ee-engine file. But for Excel poc the jar file is missing on server.

My EAR file contains:

Manifest.mf

application.xml

EJBExcelModule.jar

jms-resources.xml

application-j2ee-engine.xml

In Channel monitoring, error is coming as:

Error: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/Workbook; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/Workbook; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/Workbook; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jxl/Workbook.

Please help!

Thanks,

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

i am also facing the same issue can you please tell me how did you resolve it

regards,

sushant

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the JNDI name of your library and compare the reference in the application-j2ee-engine.xml

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

do u mean jndi name of external library or jndi name of EJB module

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JNDI name of EJB module

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

how to check references from JNDI name. And do we need to add external jar file in EAR module. I tried to export EAR file, external file was not there in the EAR file. I had added the external library as external library in build path of EJB module.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use the external library only in your EJB, then it is eaasier to add the library to the EAR file.

If this is not added automatically, you can add it with winzip or jar command.

Otherwise you create a library project in NWDS. You deploy the library as SDA file. Check the JNDI name of this library with Netweaver Administrator. Use the same name in the deployment descriptor.

Regards

Stefan