Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new org.level and further actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I need help on the follwing situation.

For better separation of industries for the marketing staff we do use the branch (e.g. food, energy, ...).

For that we want to adjust the authorizations to branch specific.

The questions are:

1) Is it possible to create a new organisational level "branch"?

2) If I have a new org.level I think I have to adjust existing authorization objects. Do I only have to extend the belonging auth.objects with the new org.level?

3) What else do I have to do if a new org.level branch is created to check authorizations on that?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I read your question correctly I think you want to create a new authorization field. To get that to work you'd need to adapt a lot of software. Definately not a path to follow.

All authorization cheecks need to hard-coded into the software. Changing SAP standard software is something one wants to stay away from as long as possible. It'll keep haunting you when patching, upgrading etcetera.

If you want to 'upgrade' an existing field to become organizational a forum serach on PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE should give you pointers.

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I read your question correctly I think you want to create a new authorization field. To get that to work you'd need to adapt a lot of software. Definately not a path to follow.

All authorization cheecks need to hard-coded into the software. Changing SAP standard software is something one wants to stay away from as long as possible. It'll keep haunting you when patching, upgrading etcetera.

If you want to 'upgrade' an existing field to become organizational a forum serach on PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE should give you pointers.

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You find the documentation about report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in the note [323817|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/323817]

Kind regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.