cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I login the system use T-code sm51, the system appears the error as below

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use sm51 to display the instances, but when I double click the instances,

I only login to the instance that I am logging the current instance, and I cann't login to other instances when I doublec click them,

the system appears the error as below:

You are not authorized to use Transaction SM50

Message no. 00 172

Diagnosis

You tried to start a transaction for which you have no authorization.

System Response

The system does not allow you to start this transaction.

Procedure

If you should have authorization for this transaction, contact your user

administrator.

who can help me ?

Thanks

B.R

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To exactly find what is missing use the authorization trace using ST01. The objects with return code RC=4 are the ones you are missing.

SAP_ALL in production for basis administrators is not recommended.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> To exactly find what is missing use the authorization trace using ST01. The objects with return code RC=4 are the ones you are missing.

>

> SAP_ALL in production for basis administrators is not recommended.

>

> Regards,

> Gowrinadh

Thanks for your reply, but could you tell me the detailed steps that how to use ST01 to find the missing authorization,

Best Regards,

Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might also be a misleading error message about the transaction code authorization, to make things simple for end users and basis admins...

If you take a look in transaction ST22 (which is advisable from time to time...) then do you see an RFC_NO_AUTHORITY dump on function group SYST?

Instances within the same system identity will always trust themselves, but you need to have logged in first to be "on the inside"...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another log shot is to check the traces in tran ST11. Two that come to mind are dev_ms and dev_disp (one of these for each system).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for ST01 details and hw to use please see blow link

http://sapbasisnotes.blogspot.com/2007/11/system-tracest01-in-sap.html

cheers,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> for ST01 details and hw to use please see blow link

>

> http://sapbasisnotes.blogspot.com/2007/11/system-tracest01-in-sap.html

>

>

> cheers,

> Sudhakar

Thank you , I have been used ST01 to trace sm51, and I add all the missing object to administrator user,

but the error still exist.

B.R.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos
I add all the missing object to administrator user,

You sau you have SAP_ALL why you need it

After adding are you doing user comparasion?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

This may be a longshot, but can you check your internal server connections in SM59 to see if, for some reason, there is something maintained in the "Logon & Security" tab?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Michael,

>

> This may be a longshot, but can you check your internal server connections in SM59 to see if, for some reason, there is something maintained in the "Logon & Security" tab?

>

> Best Regards,

> Matt

where is the "Logon & Security" tab ?

my SAP system version is R/3 release 4.6C, the system appears the error after we upgrade the support package,so maybe relate to this ?

B.R.

Michael

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael

Are you facing this problem with your user id only? Can you please check if you can do the intended task with user DDIC.

If you can do this, then make your user id as a copy of DDIC and let's see what happens. Please let us know the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos
If you should have authorization for this transaction, contact your user
administrator.

Everything is written)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

but I'm the user administrator, and I have used the T-code su53 to check the authorization,

the last authorization check was successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try for testing SAP_ALL for your user, and check work's it or not, if it works, you will need find authorization object and role

for sm50, are you able to execute sm50 directly from application server? Regards.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

If you are a SAP BASIS Administrator, you will have SAP_ALL Authorization. (At some places, Its restricted).

If you are having SAP_ALL Authorization, you will not face this kind of problem.

If you are not having SAP_ALL, then with the help of PFCG in your system admin specific role (if it is there, and u are having PFCG autho.), you can add PADM or * field value in S_ADMI_FCD (System administration function) Authorization field of S_ADMI_FC (System Authorizations) Authorization Object, Then regenerate your Role again and try to perform the same activity again.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Try for testing SAP_ALL for your user, and check work's it or not, if it works, you will need find authorization object and role

> for sm50, are you able to execute sm50 directly from application server? Regards.

Heading 1: h1. The administrator user has been had SAP_ALL profile,

and I could execute SM50 directly from anyone application.