Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A particular AF Scenario (Interactive?)

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the scenario. I am using Adobe Forms for ABAP, (SFP Transaction):

I want to save a PDF with information gathered from SAP, in order to pre-populate drop down fields.

The end-user will access to the PDF file (no online connection against SAP), populate the drop down fields with the appropiate value and send the information through e-mail, in XML format, so the SAP Server can retrieve the information.

This scenario is consider to be an Interactive one, even when no real-time interaction exists between the end-user populating the form and the Application Server?

The pre-population of the PDF or the data sending in XML format is sufficient to consider this scenario as an interactive one?

And, last but not least: do I need to get the license?

Thank you for your time!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

NoJo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Every time the form can be changed by the user --> interactive (licenses)

online if the form interacts directly with the sap system (web dynpro)

offline when you call services, upload it or mail it back to the system

yours it's an interactive offline scenario, you need licenses to create this interactive form and if you retrieve information from non sap users you will have additional licenses if you get your prices out of the catalogue.

Specific/detailled information --> SAP itself, account manager!

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at below links:-

[Send, Receive, and Process Interactive Forms via Email in AS ABAP|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/events?rid=/library/uuid/e0bba346-cb84-2910-2aa9-ba1f8a1c8617&overridelayout=true]

[Fillable Adobe forms using ABAP|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3650] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

You can check with SAP Account Manager for licensing.

Chintan