Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_CTS_ADMI Authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Every now and again a user sends me a SU53 with the error requesting access to S_CTS_ADMI field TABL. The user of this morning is trying to release a purchase order using transaction ME29N. Why would the SU53 indicate that the user want to maintain the control tables of the Change and Transport System in Production when they are trying to release a purchase order? I am running a trace ST01 but it's not helping.

Could you please help me to resolve issue.

Thanks

Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Corresponding objects of this transaction is

M_BEST_BSA

M_BEST_EKG

M_BEST_EKO

M_BEST_WRK

If there is any auhtorizaiton missing, then it is with this 4 objects for ME29n. Please place the trace description here so we can also see what's happening. Usually tracing with ST01 ends all this kind of problems.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

the error on S_CTS_ADMI is a dummy one and I think SAP throws error like this sometimes. Did the trace show any rc=4 on any other authorization objects? Also look at the object M_EINK_FRG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Corresponding objects of this transaction is

M_BEST_BSA

M_BEST_EKG

M_BEST_EKO

M_BEST_WRK

If there is any auhtorizaiton missing, then it is with this 4 objects for ME29n. Please place the trace description here so we can also see what's happening. Usually tracing with ST01 ends all this kind of problems.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Hi

Gowri is perfectly ok. Below Objects checked.

M_BEST_BSA

M_BEST_EKG

M_BEST_EKO

M_BEST_WRK

Along with that M_EINK_FRG also get checked.

Check for access to all of the above Objects in user master records. Before that check with MM team to get these values of the PO that the approver is trying to release.

1) Document Type : Relate with M_BEST_BSA

2) Purchasing Group : Relate to M_BEST_EKG

3) Purchasing Organization : Relate to M_BEST_EKO

4) Plant : Relate to M_BEST_WRK

5) Release code & release Group : Relate to Object M_EINK_FRG

You also can get these information through ME23N

If all of the above matches with user master record and PO then there is no further authorization issue. Rest on MM team !!!!!

Best of luck...

Arpan

0 Kudos

Further to my last post I would like to add that ignore objects belongs to BC authorization class that is getting called for other module. Why ignore on you to explore....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double-click on the check against this object in the ST01 trace. In the top left corner there is a little button called "Jump to source code location". Click on it (preferably together with a developer if you don't have authorization).

What is the name of the function module? Also scan within the code of the original transaction where this FM is being called and keep an eye out for user exits...

If the trace does not show any check, then you are logged onto a different application server than the one which the user being "traced" is. It is app server specific. Switch servers in Sm51.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 7, 2009 10:58 PM