cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The database error text is : (CS) "Driver not capable". (WIS 10901)".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

OLAP Universe (Built on SAP BW BEx Query)

There is Dimension Object (Address Number) in the universe which by default the type is Character as it is the way BW team has built it.

But i need that one as a Number not a character. So i edited the Object Properties and made it as a number.

But when i use that Object in my WEBI Report Query Panel and click Run Query. I am getting the below error:

"A database error occured. The database error text is : (CS) "Driver not capable". (WIS 10901)".

Any Idea on this how to resolve?

Environment: BOE XI 3.1 SP 2 + FP 1.8

-Thanks,

DEEPU.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not support numeric characteristc for the moment they are all transformend into characters.

This is due to the technical limitation of our engines that only support 18 numeric digits whereas NUMC datatype can be from 1 to 255 numeric digits.

So the error you had is "normal" because our OLAP driver does not support a numeric characterisitic.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier for your response.

In the document "Using SAP BW in Universe Designer" (xi3_sap_olap_universes_en.pdf) its mentioned that for OLAP universes we can "Edit an object's data type".

By the way changing Object type from Character to Long Text is working.

Anyhow thanks once again for your response.

-Thanks,

DEEPU

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue. I need the month dimension to be defined as numeric.

In my WEBI report i defined a filter using a LESS THAN condition with my month object, but it didn't worked because it was defined as a character in the Designer, so I changed the type of my month object in the Designer to numeric in order to my condition LESS THAN could work, but then when I ran the query i got the issue message: "A database error occured. The database error text is : (CS) "Driver not capable". (WIS 10901)".

What can i do to solve this problem?,can anybody give me some ideas....

Thanks,

Julio César

PD I speak spanish so sorry if my english is not that perfect.