cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Material Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We use Material Classification (001 type) in R/3 system. But not able to transfer via CIF to APO.

The Characteristics are already transferred, but I had to create Class manually in APO (using CL01) and assigned all Characteristics to that Class.

But now, we I do material master CIF Material classification values not transferred (no values exists in CL20N).

Also, another question, Like R/3 material master, should Classification tab/view in APO Product Master show material classification? or this Classification view meant only for CDP/CBP?

Thanks,

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can transfer class also to APO.

Check integration model whether class is getting considered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I couldn't transfer class to APO via CIF, I had to create manually in APO.

Class doesnot show when I execute CFM1 for materials.

Thanks,

Niranjan

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CFM1 material Independent objects, you will find class.

Org Area Ind can be A, and you need to mention class type eg. 001.

But befor that complete the config mentioned in the link.

cheers,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

1. Completed the config as suggested in link, But when execute CFM1 for Classes i don't see my Characteristics listed in Filter object list. But if run wide open without Org area ind then I see my char listed. But I have already linked org area and Class and chars.

2. When run CFM1 for materials, I don't see Material class along with (as suggested in previous messages) material/plant combination.

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Did you check CL02 class , do you see orgn Area =A on Basic Data tab and on Char tab also orgn Area =A.

I have checked it works fine if you do all of the required config.

Regards,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for reply. My issue is fixed, I didn't assigned Org area in Char tab of Class. Once assigned it worked.

Points awarded..

Niranjan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

Please follow the attached link containing Integration of classes and

characteristics.

Check and ensure whether all pre-requisites and steps are

met in your scenario and then retest it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/3a/d5d83773c3522be10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a detailed answer in this thread

Regards,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

the link you refer to seem to be unavailable. If you have the info of that page, could you pls share with me? I am trying to configure CIF transfer for Material Classification using class type 001.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ádám    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

1) Check in CFM1 transaction whether the class is showing

after you execute, if it is not showing, then it is problem maintaining the

class. If showing, but still not transferred, then there is transfer

issue. Please check

2) Check whether the class and characteristics are generated in

APO.

3) Regarding your query on Classfication tab view in APO, this is

relevant to CDP.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

1. When I execute Material model (contains only material and plants) in CFM1 it shows in the next screen only "Material master data" and in details it shows only material, mat description and Plant. I don't see Class anywhere. So that means class is incorrectly maintained? But We could maintain classification values correctly in Material Master.

2. Class and Char are created in APO. Chars got transfered using CIF but I had to create Class manually in APO.

3. So Classification view in Product master is only for CDP, we don't see material classification values in product master. Do we need to use CL20N?

vardan_goyal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we followed same steps to CIF material master from CFM1/CFM2 with classification data to TM system.

class was created manually in TM system and characteristics were transferred using cif.

After Cifing, in TM material master /SAPAPO/MAT1 classification tab, class and characteristics are not showing and it is giving dump.

can anyone help here if we need to do something to view classification data in TM product master.

Thanks in Advance.