cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Person not set up for PERNRS in default positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading from 4.6B to My SAP ERP and have seen the changes to use the central person on HRP1001 in order to link pernrs which was previously done on IT0031. We put retired employees on our system, but they all reside in a default position 99999999 and have always linked the retired position to their active record on the system using IT0031 without a problem. However when we attempt to enter a reference pernr on IT0031 for our retirees, who are in default position 99999999, we get a message that the employee cannot be linked. We can enter the reference pernr for the employee (who has a position), just not the retiree. Does anyone know if a position is required in order to create the Central person record with a link to another record which contains a position?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and I may do that, but to clarify, from what I was reading SAP made the change to reference pernr with their upgrade to 4.6C, so I would think that most people would have experience the problem prior to ERP. We are upgrading from 4.6B, which is why we are first coming across this issue now.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

I think you will have more answers by posting this thread in the ERP forum.

Kind regards,

Yann