Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Downloading unKnow type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i have written an application in webdynpro for upload and download

if i download .zip and .exe files it is saving as unknow type

user has to choose the open with option then select the file type.

How to avoid this

Pls provide me with your inputs

Thanks & Regards

Karthi D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Any updates on this pls

Thanks & Regards

Karthi D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just went through the help link on file download UI:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/59/b2af840e67514f8e8973d97d494c9b/frameset.htm

They have a list of file types in which ".zip" and ".exe" do not appear. However there is a filetype Unknown for files with extension "" (blank).

It could be the reason that .zip and .exe files are not identified type of files (hence considered of type 'unknown') to be saved or opened in new window using the filedownload UI... its a guess, I am not very sure why its being saved as unkown type. But if you find it out, do share by means of this thread..

Edited by: Anagha Jawalekar on Oct 7, 2009 3:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are trying with IWDResource Class , then you can try with this piece of code to download.

In this example I have used CSV , instead you can try with any other types as mentioned.

FileInputStream fis=new FileInputStream(F);

IWDResource res=WDResourceFactory.createCachedResource(fis,"File_Name",WDWebResourceType.getWebResourceType("CSV","CSV"),true);//correct

fis.close();

fos.flush();

res.download();

Thanks and Regards,

Tony Isaac.

roberto_carini
Explorer
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> If you are trying with IWDResource Class , then you can try with this piece of code to download.

>

> In this example I have used CSV , instead you can try with any other types as mentioned.

>

>

> FileInputStream fis=new FileInputStream(F);

> IWDResource res=WDResourceFactory.createCachedResource(fis,"File_Name",WDWebResourceType.getWebResourceType("CSV","CSV"),true);//correct

> fis.close();

> fos.flush();

> res.download();

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Tony Isaac.

Hi Tony Isaac,

One question:

I use NWDS Version: 7.01.05 and I tried to use your code in webdynpro java but method download() for object res doesn't exist.. is deprecated?

thank you!

Roberto

Answers (0)