cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me size my WDJ app for my NetWeaver 7.0 portal iView?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, respected experts!

I have been reading through forum posts old and new about removing redundant scroll bars from my WDJ iView and have not had success with any of the admin side recommendations. I am wondering if it is possible to address the issue from the code side - can I explicitly size my application window to my portal content area? Setting size parameters on the root container of my layout view does not seem to work as I expected. I still get scrollbars instead of overflow. It sounds silly, but it is really bugging me.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better to take into consideration of client standard resolution. Other thing could be you can configure the layout at design time and check it in different resolution.

If you are using CE then there is one UI element named PatternDesign (similar name not exectly ) Which works well .

(But its not standard solution since we restricts the layout at design time further suppose a case - string length goes long look and feel will worst)

Hope it gives you some idea?

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are very kind to take the time to respond to my question - thank you, very much!

Unfortunately, my shop does not anticipate moving to CE in the forseeable future (frustrating!) so I must work within NetWeaver 7.0. In fact, my efforts to manage the window size are to comply with our UI standards - we build to 1024 x 768 and, as a developer, I am not able to manage desktop and framework properties. I must make my app as presentable as possible within the content area as determined by our portal governance. But at least I know the default user layout sets the width of DTN as a static value, so I know how much real estate I have to work with on the screen. And if the scrollbars were not present, my content would not overflow!

Getting rid of those darn scrollbars is such a hassle, especially when you do not have admin priviliges! And since I am working with WDJ and not Java .par files, I lose the flexibility of editing the portalapp.xml parameters. Other developers have chosen to pop out their apps into a separate headerless portal window, but that is not the right solution for my needs.

Has anyone else worked out a WDJ code based solution to this annoying issue? I actually have two applications that suffer from this presentation defect.

Any feedback is welcome!