cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Message performance monitor / alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help, i'm involved in a project to monitor some XI aspects and I need to check if all of them are possible and of course if you know.. how

The XI topics that I'm already confuse are:

- XI Mapping Performance: It is possible monitor the performance of the mapping process? if yes how?

- XI Backlog Monitor. The same than above, is possible? how?

- And the last one is FTP directory backlog monitor.

All comments will be much appreciated.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor

> - XI Mapping Performance: It is possible monitor the performance of the mapping process? if yes how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for your answer but in your link I see how to find out the start and ends time by checking the log. To do this we need to create an abap program or do it manually because the aim of my monitors is to raise an alert when the time goes over to a limit.

Do you know how to do it?

Best regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could check the various tables in XI - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417600)ID0264005050DB01771024450603069125End...

in a report, from the data there you could check for the start and end times and do the logic check and raise alerts using the FM - SALERT_CREATE

i am not sure which table has the exact start and end time, you might have to do a bit of research there

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

guess the table is SXMSPMAST2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply again Shabarish,

So we have a work arround using the log tables and following more or less the standard without a custom abap program. Thats is goog to know. But i'm not sure if we can use this approach.

Our process should be, create a monitor, create an alert and monitor it with a central ccms when something rise an alert the autoreation methods will create a defect ticket.

I don't know if for our queue this is feasible. But also is good to know that there are a workarround.

Do you have also info for the others?

Best regards and thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should look at SAP Note as below...

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For setting alerts and monitoring in Integration / Mapping side you might use RZ21 / RZ20 CCMS, it has a good number of options based on setting tolerances and thresholds. I haven't done what you are trying to do in terms of alerting for a transaction that is running too long, but I would like to do this sometime.

For setting alerts at the Adapter / J2EE level you might try the alert configuration in Runtime Workbench.

I've also heard of a tool called Wiley Introscope that might help with the end to end monitoring and alerting when integrated with Solution Manager.

Sorry I don't have direct answer but these are some areas you can look if you don't want to develop custom abap.

-Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Note 730193 may help you out, it covers functions that allow you to monitor the processing times of XI messages using the CCMS Alert Monitor.