cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message Item category TA TAB cannot be invoiced with billing type F5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to bill a order with a TAB item, but when I select a proforma for Order F5, II get the following message : Item category TA TAB cannot be invoiced with billing type F5....

I tried to move the billing relevance for A to E (Delivery-related billing document to Relevant for pro forma)for my item category (TAB Indiv.Purchase Order)

Sales Distribution / Sales / Sales documents item / Define item categories

Is it a good option ? Do I have to do something else ?

Thanks

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre

As you want to bill a order with item category TAB , that means you want to create Individual Purchase Order which is a special stock.

So as you are trying to create a proforma Invoice F5 then check in VTFL wheather item category TAB is maintained or not. But also check the Billing Relevance of Item category TAB.

As you are trying to make the changes in billing relevance from A to E for item category TAB , then i feel it is not required to maintain because as the customer receipt and his confirmation only we will be making the stocks and delivering the stocks to the customer.

Regards

Srinath

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

TAB Item category is used for Indiv.Purchase Order

Indiv.Purchase Order means that a customer gives a sales order for material X say 10 units

That material X we will be maintaining in our plant and but we will not have stocks of that material X

Upon receipt of customer order we will procure material X from a vendor that is first PR created automatically on saving the sales order and then a PO is created and the vendor will supply to us and we will manage them as sales order stocks in our plant so that that stocks are assigned for that particular sales order and then we supply to our customer and make a F2 bill

Note that is why TAB Item category is marked with special stock indicator as E

Now this material X will item category group as BANC in their MMR and item category will be TAB

This is similar to third party but the difference in process is,

In third party vendor will supply directly to our customer but here the vendor will supply us and we will make delivery to our customer through movement type 601

TAB Item category billing relevance is A

For such processes only item category TAB is used

Is it a good option ? Do I have to do something else ?

For such process why do you want a proforma bill

You need to look at your process and if you could explain me what is your process and what you want to achieve i can suggest you some more useful options

Creating proforma for such process is illogical to me

But this also you can achieve through careful customization

Regards

Raja