cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading reports/files to UNIX filesystems

Former Member
0 Kudos

My SAP runs on a solaris box

I want to configure the system such that a selected number of users (about 10) can be able to download their reports or any other files to a UNIX filesystem in the server .

How do I go about this ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating any cusromizing program for creating report , then inform you abaper that they have to write program in such a way that when report get complete the report should get saved on application server.

If you are using any standard program to do so , Schedule the report in background where automatically when report get copmplete it will save the report on application server.

Thanks

Anil

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andale,

Are this 10 users going to connect to OS for dowloading files to there local system or any where ????

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Anil. Here u will not find any issue because we are going to give permissions only to that particular folder. And this is an regular activty not necessary to worry about it.

Let me know ur clear.<removed_by_moderator>

--Siva kumar

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Oct 13, 2009 9:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your response. What I really wanted to know is whether its possible to force a number of users to save directly from SAPGUI to a UNIX filesystem in the server. This is because the nature of reports to be saved are sensitive and should not be prone to manipuation by users

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Create one OS User and make sure the user will have permissions only to that particular folder where users wants to download the files.

2) Ask them to install one ftp tool(ex:filezilla or winftp etc.,)

(OR)

3) Educate the users for below commands

ftp <HOSTNAME>

id

Password

cd <PATH>

prompt

mget file1,file2,file3....

bye

(OR)

Write one Batch script (.BAT file) using the above commands and ask them to run when ever the users required.

Hope u understand and let me know it is helpfull. Please give me points if this is helpfull.

---Siva kumar