cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F : New Hire and Time Management (SAP_PT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a New Hire scenario using HCM P&F. This form has Time Management Infotypes like 2012 and 2013. The form dumps (even before it loads) when it encounters an assert statment on PERNR (and in this case it is initial) in the method IF_HRASR00_BLP_ADAPTER~READ of class CL_HRASR00_BLP_ADAPTER. I am not sure if PT infotypes are supported during new hire actions. By the way without these PT infotypes the New Hire form is working and updating all required PA infotypes. Also, for non-hire forms these PT Infotypes are getting updated with no issue and I am using ADOBE forms itself. Please let me know if I am missing anything. We are on EHP4. Thanks.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP_PT requires that a valid PERNR exist in the system (i.e. already hired). You will not be able to use SAP_PT service to do a new hire (this is documented by SAP). Unfortunately, you may have to omit the SAP_PT service until after the EE is hired (and saved to the backend) or develop something custom as we have to update the time records.

Regards,

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Derrick,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Could you please indicate the URL for the documentation (or any other material) from SAP indicating that PT is not supported during new hire? Thanks again.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, Sorry for asking again...I was not able to find where SAP has documented that in HCM P&F PT infotypes are not supported during new hire actions. My customer has this important requirement (I have a not so intelligent backup plan),and could not beleive that SAP did not support this feature since in the backend transaction Time works very well with PA during new hire. It would help to explain with the official document from SAP. If there is a URL or an OSS Note please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone throw some light on this please?