cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove MaxDB 7.5 completely?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to install SP16 and replace SP15. To do so, I need to remove MaxDB 7.5 completely.I ran the uninstaller in the Master CD, and I have deleted the whole /usr/.. folder, but I could not delete the /sapdb folder, as some of the files are still used by some process.

Do anyone of you how can I remove MaxDB completely , so that I can proceed to install SP16?

Thanks in advance.

Kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, do all that you have so far, stop any SAP DB services that are running, delete the sapdb folder. Now go into the registry and delete the folder SAP DBTech under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->SAP.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rich.

I have stopped all the SAP DB services and deleted the sapdb folder. Can you show me the steps to get to the registry and delete the SAP DBTech folder in the registry.

Thanks a lot.

Kent

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

from the start menu, click "Start", then "Run". Enter "regedit" and hit enter. You are now in the registry. Open the path that I have described above and delete the folder. That's it. Re-boot and start your installation.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich, that's solve my problem.

Thanks.

Kent

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In order to delete the MaDB software, you need to:

1. drop the remaining instance

(for example using the Database Manager GUI)

2. uninstall the MaxDB software

(using sdbuninst)

If you've got access to OSS/Service Market Place, then please take a look at note 599129 concerning the uninstallation.

Regards,

Roland

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the best way to remove all exisiting system and DB is to run the uninstaller of SP16

Regards

Raja